“A good place for food, friends and fun”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Gettysburg Battlefield
Ranked #15 of 138 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Stopped here with friends after a long day trooping across battlefields. It was a Friday night, so there was about a 15 minute wait. No problem, we went outside to the beer window and enjoyed some drinks while out on the patio, listening to live entertainment. Then our table inside was ready and Liz took very good care of us. The menu was pretty extensive for a brewery, and we all enjoyed our orders. We got a couple killer apps, and some great entrees, and maybe a few more beers. It was good. This ain;t fine dining- it is a brewery, but the food is very good.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We had great service and very friendly service here. My children loved it and my husband loved the vass aray of beers to try you were right next to a great movie theater as well!!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We stopped here for dinner on a Saturday night recently and there was a 1 hr. wait at 6:30 PM which is reasonable for the area. It was really convenient as they took my cell # and texted me a link that showed us where we were in the line order as well as texting me when we were ready to be seated. We found this so helpful and allowed us to walk around to nearby shops. They also have a beer garden outside so we did get a drink and sat and relaxed outside. Very nice and fun to see horse-drawn carriages stroll by. Great atmosphere & very close to the battlefields too. The cheddar ale soup is delicious! Also, the portion size for the fish and chips is amazing. My boyfriend got two huge pieces of fish. We were both surprised especially for the price. I got a quesadilla that was really good as well. We were in the area the next day and we had wanted to try the stromboli from there so we made it back in the next day. We got wings as well and we were not disappointed! Very nice staff and a good environment. We will be sure to come back if we are in the area.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Pub with pet friendly out door dining, good food and service.

Well we had our pup with us on this vacation, and it was very challenging to find eateries that are pet friendly. This pub is Pet Friendly. Our 10 pd Shih tzu was such a good boy. He laid in his chair and had some water . He did not bark or bother any one, but of course the woman across from us had to give him snake eyes whenever she could. The Waiter brought us water for the boy, and there were do bowls around the patio to let you know it was pet friendly.

It was 7pm and still very hot and humid and buggy. I never eat outside, but due to unforeseen circumstances we had to take our fur baby with us. Not many places you can take your dog. But Appalachian allowed pets.

We ordered the appetizer sampler. Everything was fried to perfection and the sauces were all good.

I had the steak, which was very tender and tasty. My daughter had the pulled pork in a root beer BBQ sauce, and mother had a burger.

. Everything was pretty good. My steak was very good. . Good Pub fare. Good fries.

Our waiter was very nice,and friendly and funny. .We loved him! Wish I remembered his name, young male, african american. He was one of the best waiters I have ever had.

Mom cant walk far, so we could not walk anywhere, which was an added issue.Restaurant was across the street, good thing we loved the food, even got lunch a few times to go!

We were here over a week, so we came here twice.

For dessert, my daughter had the pigs ear, she said it was delicious. I had the ice cream, yummy.

I would like to go back sans dog, and actually eat inside comfortably in the air conditioning.

Pricing was decent, under $100 for the three of us.

I would recommend and go back.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Was raining and restaurant right next to our motel. Was a Thursday night but not busy at all. Seated us immediately. Ordered a craft beer (they have no domestic for sale). Nathan was our server but although friendly enough didn’t even know it was happy hour or what was offered. Took our drink and appetizer order but noticed it did sit on the bar for awhile. Pretzels were yummy though and my wife and I split a Harrisburg burger and fries and it was exceptional. Came out pretty quickly and was hot and tasty. Was kind of a dead night for them so settled up and left. Ok place honestly and food was very good