See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Nothing fancy, but I've stayed in a Philly hotel for twice this price that was much worse. Contrary to what I've read in other reviews, everything was clean, and our room was nice & quiet. We had a non-smoking room, and I'm very sensitive to smells...didn't experience any of the smoke or mold smell some reviews mentioned, and linens were all fresh-smelling. Mattress wasn't the best, but wasn't the worst. Breakfast was pretty bare bones cereal, toast, and muffins, but the coffee was good.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Sara D,

We are so glad to know that you had a great time with us and thank you so much for appreciating our efforts of providing you with clean and comfortable accommodations in a reasonable cost. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the mattress as this will help us to continue to improve upon the guest experience. We would love to have you back and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

HORRIBLE!!! Stayed 1 night while waiting for a room at the hospital. It smelled like the cheapest incense & so thick it made you gag & wonder what other smells it covered. Seemed to be possible illegal activities going on too- people coming & going 5 min later, woman that looked like "pros". I wanted to leave but it was late and I didn't know the area well plus I had 2 children with me, one of whom it handicapped. I had booked online. Bad mistake and never again! STAY AWAY. Wish I had read more reviews like this before going there. Worst experience ever!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kare4u10

kare4u10,

Thank you for completing our guest satisfaction survey and letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We want you to know that we take your comments to heart and that we are continuously discussing and implementing new ways to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel.We hope you'll return someday to see how we have addressed and improved upon the issues that you have expressed, thanks to your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I have travelled to more than 80 cities and towns around the world in the past 20 years, I have stayed in all kinds of hotels, from the most luxurious to the 2 star hotels in the most remote villages overseas. By far this hotel is the filthiest most horrible hotel I have stayed in. I wish I had read the reviews. Pillow cases had makeup stains, mattresses were old and dirty, sheets had stains, the room had a suffocating stench. Everything was disappointing and frankly nauseating. Had I not been driving for 7 hours before checking in, I would’ve looked for another hotel. Also, the neighborhood was bad, and did not feel safe at all. I left the next day very early in the morning.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Zee78479
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Zee78479,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough and insightful review regarding the sheets, mattresses and suggestions to improve the experience for our valued guests in the future. I assure you that we have the highest standards of cleanliness and that your comments are very important to us and are being addressed immediately with our staff. I regret to hear that you weren't impressed with the surrounding environment also. Rest assured that there will be no harm that will come to our guest as we ensure strict security for everyone's safety. Please keep us in mind for your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

THIS HOTEL IS IN A VERY BAD NEIGHBORHOOD. Cramped rooms were clean but damp and musty; A/C didn't help. Only 2 outlets, not easily accessible - with lamps on an extension cord. There was a partial chain link fence around the back of the property with large signs about how the hotel was not responsible for our vehicle's safety.
We felt extremely unsafe.
The receptionists were behind glass. Should have been a clue. The lobby had an armed guard with a bulletproof vest!!!!!! He also did double duty as he refreshed the juices at the most sparse 'continental breakfast' we've ever seen. Two cereals, bread and plastic wrapped muffins. There was filth caked on the handle to the raisin bran. Not dirt, filth.
While we were staying there, there was a RAPE at the motel!!!!!!!
We arrived back from sightseeing to a crime scene unit and police vehicles with police walking the halls. We asked if there was reason for concern and were told "No." No other information was given. We found out from another guest and a policeman about the rape.
Another guest we talked to cancelled her second nite because her young grandkids were so afraid. She told us there were “guests” who had been living at the hotel for two weeks. (She wondered if the hotel was their place of business.)
Our adult son heard GUNSHOTS in the night.
Two guests (man & woman) were arguing so loudly in the lobby about 'what one was doing with another man at the hotel' that the guard tried repeatedly to make them leave. This shouting match happened ONE FOOT AWAY from our children as we were waiting to check out!! After the man left the premises, the lady called him on her phone and continued to scream at him as we exited the hotel.
Our google search finds news reports that this hotel has been host to THREE RAPES - One was a rape of two women at gun point. We spent the following night in the Gettysburg, PA Days Inn and had a safe, wonderful experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Karla R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I regret to hear that you weren't impressed with the surrounding environment. Rest assured that there will be no harm that will come to our guest as we ensure strict security for everyone's safety. Also, Your comments help us to see where we need to improve and we appreciate that you have
taken the time to review our hotel. Please keep us in mind for your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Stay away. It was an over night stay. Couldn’t sleep because it smelled so bad. The bathroom was the dirtiest. The sheets was just as dirty. The front desk refused to clean or send new sheets. Go stay someplace else just 15-20 minutes drive away from this place. You will find nicer, cleaner hotels for the same price.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

dianesahadeo,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the condition and cleanliness of the hotel your guest room at that time. This is certainly not the kind of experience we would like for our valued guests to have. We wish you would have informed the front desk staff regarding this matter, so we can transfer you in a room that suits your comfort. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your expectations exceeded; I hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.