New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard

Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard
Ranked #77 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
tth217
“Basic, shady, but not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

Like others have stated the hotel IS located in a shady part of philadelphia. It is NOT reassuring to guests that every parking space has a sign that reminds them they are not responsible for stolen items. It also is not too reassuring that there IS a huge bullet proof glass that separates you from the clerks. I do have to say though that I did enjoy my stay there.

Me and my friends books rooms there for the new years and we got there early to check in, I am glad we did. The first room we were told was our has a HORRIBLE vomit smell, like one that somebody got drunk and puked in. We walked in the room, and then walked out and requested a new room. The clerks and staff were very nice and immediatly gave us another room and showed it to us, and even asked if it was ok, and offered to show us other rooms if it was not satisfactory.

The room was clean, and I have no complaints. Our room did have an alarm clock, and i beleive it is standard that all of the rooms have one. The heater worked well and did not smell, and the bathroom was clean however I did not use the shower.

I also recommend this because the clerks were very nice. Me and my date were going to a party and were supposed to have printed out our tickets at home. I did but she did not, so after we realized this we asked the clerks if we could use the internet. The clerk took us into their break room/office and let us print out our ticket. They were very nice with the limited english they spoke (maybe it was their accents, but very nice and receptive).

They also hired a night time security guard since there is nothing keeping random people from walking in and going into the hotel.

All in all I recommend this place for business trips, but not pleasure or family outings. The hotel is also difficult to get to being that roosevelt blvd is a 8 lane strangely divided highway.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tth217

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2009

I am amazed that this hotel is allowed to carry a Days Inn brand. The signs in the parking lot remind you that your car may be damaged or broken into. Once at the front lobby we had to talk to the representative through BULLET PROOF GLASS - thicker than I have seen at a bank teller window. While cancelling my room reservation (because of the dirtyness and fear) and talking through the small holes in the bullet proof glass some guy walked in and yelled - " HEY, I need a room for 2 hours" then proceeded to the window next to us and booked the room. YEIKS ---trust me run from this unsafe hovel. Don't trust the pictures on their website

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
6 Thank tsasinc
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn in a block of rooms reserved for me. I was not surprised at the quality of the hotel due to the location. However, I would not recommend it unless you have to stay there for some reason. It was extremely basic, with no alarm clock even. However, the shower worked very well and there were toiletries - shampoo, and soap. And they did have free Wi-Fi!

I was not impressed in the cleanliness - there was thick dust on the top of the drapes, and I was not sure about the carpet. And the continental breakfast is certainly nothing to write home about - 2 kids of cold cereal, OJ, coffee, hot water, corn muffins, and wheat bread to toast. Thankfully, there is an IHOP right next to the hotel and a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance. And don't be alarmed by the plexiglass over the hotel reception desk!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank StarrMom
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

The rooms were not clean and no one gave us towels we had to buy are own at Walmart.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends