“The Worst ever.”

Days Inn Philadelphia - Roosevelt Boulevard
Ranked #80 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 21 August 2011

All I can say is horrible not worth the money and we had to ask the front staff for an iron & ironing board they keep them at the front desk. The staff did not speak to us he just pointed for me to give him my credit card upon arrival. I should have known that the room would be bad because of how the hallway smelled (bad) then of course the room. Holes in the sheets, dirty floors the air condtioner was broke and it smelled nasty, long strands of hair in the shower and on the shower curtain (UGH) & thin hand towels instead of bath towels. We could hear the neighbors upstairs and the breakfast was horrible the best part of the hotel was ihop and walmart around the corner will never stay again..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cw120

Reviewed 24 July 2010

DO NOT stay at this hotel. This entire section of Philadelphia is dirty, and just run down. My husband and I stayed here because we were going to a concert at the Mann center and then leaving in the morning to drive to VA to pick up our son. The night 'seemed' uneventful. We went to our car at 7 am and EVERYTHING in it was missing. Our gps, phone, camera, garage door openers, kids game boy chargers, money from the glove box. It was all GONE! We left nothing in plain sight. Everything was tucked away in the glove box or the trunk. The glove box, the console, and the hatch were all open. I went to the hotel management for help, but they could have cared less. My care was parked right under a camera. The staff told me their manager would be in later and would call me. He never called! I called the police and by the time I was done speaking with them I felt like they were the ones that broke into my car. They didn't care. They told me they didn't even investigate car break ins. They gave me a report # for my insurance and moved along. Turns out because it was personal property that was stolen it falls under home owners insurance. I have a 1,000 deductible and the vaule of my stuff came to around 900. Needless to say I lost all my stuff.
I will NEVER stay in this section of town again!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JamieMarie
Reviewed 30 April 2010

This hotel/? is a the worst I ever came across, Days Inn are not doing themselves any favour by having their name over this place.$1.00 a night would be too dear.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank motorcar1
Reviewed 2 January 2010

People here talk bad on this hotel. Let me just say that the crackheads are friendly and for the most part non-threatening. The management was glad to assist and public transportation down town was nice. There was also a lizard in the room, but he too was for the most part, non threatening. The staff provided us with a delectable spread of glazed hams promptly at six, the breakfast's designated start time. Hotel was also selling champagne,,, yum. Overall, a buddy system recommended good time.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MrZott
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Like others have stated the hotel IS located in a shady part of philadelphia. It is NOT reassuring to guests that every parking space has a sign that reminds them they are not responsible for stolen items. It also is not too reassuring that there IS a huge bullet proof glass that separates you from the clerks. I do have to say though that I did enjoy my stay there.

Me and my friends books rooms there for the new years and we got there early to check in, I am glad we did. The first room we were told was our has a HORRIBLE vomit smell, like one that somebody got drunk and puked in. We walked in the room, and then walked out and requested a new room. The clerks and staff were very nice and immediatly gave us another room and showed it to us, and even asked if it was ok, and offered to show us other rooms if it was not satisfactory.

The room was clean, and I have no complaints. Our room did have an alarm clock, and i beleive it is standard that all of the rooms have one. The heater worked well and did not smell, and the bathroom was clean however I did not use the shower.

I also recommend this because the clerks were very nice. Me and my date were going to a party and were supposed to have printed out our tickets at home. I did but she did not, so after we realized this we asked the clerks if we could use the internet. The clerk took us into their break room/office and let us print out our ticket. They were very nice with the limited english they spoke (maybe it was their accents, but very nice and receptive).

They also hired a night time security guard since there is nothing keeping random people from walking in and going into the hotel.

All in all I recommend this place for business trips, but not pleasure or family outings. The hotel is also difficult to get to being that roosevelt blvd is a 8 lane strangely divided highway.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends