“Amazing Food, Amazing Staff”
Review of JJ Thai Cuisine

JJ Thai Cuisine
Ranked #247 of 5,099 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 7 - USD 27
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We have been here twice and I would come here frequently if I lived closer. The staff is so friendly and attentive. They let you know if the sauces are spicy or not and make an amazing Thai Iced Tea.

I've had the Drunken Noodles my husband has had the Grilled Chicken Som Tom a friend had the Duck Noodle Soup and another friend also had the Drunken Noodles. Every time we are there we leave stuffed the portions are perfect. Every meal we've had there has been delicious.

If you are in the mood for Thai food and looking for a great place to stop I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank raindrops554

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We had a lovely meal for 4 after a Sunday afternoon show. Super food and service! The appetizer trio with crispy duck salad, filet and a shrimp spring roll with a nice cilantro sauce was great. Great curry puffs, Drunken noodles with shrimp (just the right amount of heat), Pad See Ew with beef and dessert! Very reasonably priced.

3  Thank sunshine242018
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Horrible and unforgettable customer service.
We were group of 8 adults and 1 infant for a birthday celebration. Made a dinner reservation days ago but upon arrival, we understand we were late for 15mins, but why the staff needs to in a very impolite way to told us if we can't finish our dinner within an hour and half, they will not serve us. We immediately change restaurant.
This is very unprofessional and the staff was rude.

Ouiusa T, Manager at JJ Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I think is fair if you can tell the full story. (You missing the most important part which is you late for half an hour)
Full story:
Customer made reservation at 6:30pm on Saturday night for party of 8. (We called and left message at Noon to confirm the reservation, but no reply) we hold the table pass 6:45pm and at this point we can safely assume this is another “no show” reservation because it happened often in restaurant business. So we took other reservation at 8:00pm to fill the empty table. At 6:55pm, 4 of the party show up, we try to accommodate them but they are not sure when the rest of the party will arrive. At this point, we have to honor the reservation who come at 8:00pm. ( so we cannot seat them)
It Is unfair to let other customers wait too long because of this.
We don’t mind feedback but please, half and hour late without a call? Please let me know if you have better solution, thanks.
And please tell me which part of our conversation that you consider “rude and unprofessional” ? Because I don’t recall both of us being rude to each other at any point of the conversation. You wasn’t rude at all, and you looked calm and understanding. I am confuse.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Not Great - DOES NOT SERVE ANY ALCOHOL

- Arrived 45 min before close and they made it clear we needed to hurry
- Last call for the kitchen is 30 min before close
- No alcohol, beer or wine but you can bring your own
- Pad Thai was very good
- Crispy duck salad was delicious
- Shrimp/mushroom soup wasn’t very good
- Lamb lollipops were over cooked and tough. They refused to cook more for us. Told us we should’ve known to ask for temperature before they cooked them. Seemed very annoyed that we didn’t want them.
- They do not have the traditional Thai Spice tray.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I stopped here for lunch on a one day business trip to Philly. What a GREAT PLACE for Thai food. The luncheon prices are v reasonable (($10-11) for an entree w salad or soup included. Service was polite and v fast. I had Drunken Noodle w chicken and it was superb!! I would definitely come here again.