“Fast, Friendly Service and Great Thai Food”
Review of Baan Thai

Baan Thai
Ranked #992 of 4,652 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We walked in with as a party of 8 on Friday night and were immediately seated. We also had a 2 month old with us and they brought out a container of hot water to warm her bottle for us. Very accommodating and friendly staff. Service was fast and they were very attentive in filling our water glasses and bringing wine glasses for us. It's BYOB which is something we like. Everyone's food looked beautiful and tasted fantastic. We had many appetizers including the crab rangoon, fried sweet potatoes and the papaya salad that were all tasty. I had the pad thai with shrimp and definitely recommend the dish. Having been to Thailand a year ago, I had been looking for someplace that would measure up to some of the incredible meals we had there, and this place achieved that. The prices were very reasonable and we left with full bellies.

1  Thank sdimeglio

Reviewed 24 December 2016

I did a holiday magic show nearby, and ordered take out for pick up. The restaurant looked charming, and my food was ready and waiting when I arrived about 12 minutes later.

They really listened to me stating that I wanted a vegetarian red curry with no tofu, and that I like broccoli, because that's what they made. The red curry had a great flavor, and was decently sized. On a small note, the baby corns were cut in half lengthwise, which I had never seen before, but which made them more palatable for some reason. One thing that could be improved is to offer brown rice, instead of plain old white rice. My papaya salad also tasted great, and was on the sweeter side, and less expensive than others.

Parking - the lot right next door has signs that say Permit Parking only. I asked, and was told that that applies overnight, from around 2 AM to 9 AM, so that you can park there during the day and evening. I was only there a few minutes to pick up my take out, so don't know if this is correct, but the staff seemed confident about this.

There is an Armenian restaurant called Apricot Stone right across a small street/alley that looks good, including for vegetarians and vegans. The Philadelphia Fillmore, and Punchline comedy club are not too far away. I-95 is about a mile east of Baan Thai. I would go again the next time I am in that part of Philadelphia.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We recently just got an apartment in Old City and picked up some Thai to take home. Ordered via phone and stopped to pick it up. My wife ran in to pick up but we were a little early and it was not quite ready. He said "I will bring it out to your car" and 2 minutes later there he was.

Food was incredible. The spring rolls were the best I ever had and the pork dumplings were great. Both of our entrees were phenomenal. Can't say enough about the food and we've eaten plenty of Thai. Even the take-out packaging was good quality.

We did not eat in but my wife said the place looked very nice.

We will be back! Probably many times. Highly, highly recommend. If you like Thai, go for it.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

We came back to this place and find the food and service are excellent.
Just love their appetizers and the duck dishes.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

Simple ambiance and lovely service I must say and it's a BYOB.but food was no good. Please don't go if u really love Thai food coz it was really vvv ok. I would never go again. Service was fabulous though. But food really a no no. Everything we ordered was just really ok and we ordered it through reccomenations from trip advisor and our server.dont bother going as you will be disappointed.