“Great meats”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 5,113 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 51 - USD 51
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Cross street: S. Juniper Street
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Business meeting and have been to other Brazilian steak houses including Fogo in Atlanta. Did not disappoint, great marinated meats carved at your table when green side up on disk. Skimp on salad so room for Desserts!

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Good isn't the right word. Delicious!!!! The 'marketplace' had enough for a meal and then there were all the meats. One was better than the next. And the deserts. Yup, we still had room to share 2 deserts between 4 of us.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Went tonight for dinner with my boyfriend as it’s one of his favorite places. I don’t eat meat (just seafood) so i had never been there before. My salmon was cooked perfectly and the grilled lemon was a nice touch. There were so many great things on the market table though that I could’ve just filled up there! Quinoa salad, Cesar, fresh mozzarella, smoked salmon, green beans, olives, oh my! Of course, my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed the meat selection that kept on coming to our table. I’ve never seen him eat so many lamb chops! Definitely a unique experience everyone should try.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at lot is there type restaurants all of the USA and South America so I kind of know what to expect. Nothing will ever compare to the one i had in Brazil last year but that’s ok. This place is beautiful inside and the service was impeccable right down to the valet parking. The meat was so so I wasn’t impressed at all. Some of the meats needed salt and I find that not normal based on my experience. The only meat that I found tender was the ribeye. The salad bar was lacking a lot. The hot food station for sides had only 2 items which I find strange and not good enough. I was recently in a Fogo De Chao in Mexico City and i didn’t expect it to be good but it was actually better than this one here in Philadelphia. The deserts were excellent I had the Flan and my wife had chocolate molten cake.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Greatest meat restaurant. Open charcoal fire roasted filet mignon, Top tenderloin, bottom tenderloin. And if you like salads, the buffet is mindblowing. Take your creditcard with you ;-)