“the best greek grilled fish and accompaniments”
Review of Estia

Estia
Reserve with OpenTable
Estia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On Locust btwn 15th and Broad
Transit: Septa & Patco
Reviewed 12 January 2017

A lovely, welcoming atmosphere,and everything we ate was delicious--the tzatziki and hummus were amazing, and slightly different from elsewhere (the hummus had a peppery zing). The grilled vegetables side dish was delicious--enough to share for two people. But the fish was a standout. I had the grilled whole fish (bronzino version), done with olive oil and lemon juice, which came to the table already boned, but with the head on the side, just so you knew it really was a whole fresh fish. It just might be the best fish I've every eaten! Excellent wines, also. And an added plus--the server Brandon was terrific, knowledgeable, helpful, and seemed to know exactly what I would like (rather than pressing selections on us). He's so good--wish I had someone like him at every restaurant I eat at. It's a bit pricey but worth every dollar!

2  Thank AGNYC

Reviewed 8 January 2017

We are group of 4 had dinner before a concert. The service was excellent, prompt, and with smile. We had theater menu and we were disappointed: They waiter said fish branzino will be served, but I suspect we had something different, most likely flounder, Both branzino and flounder are white and flaky, but they are different in the shape, and the way of presentation is different. Branzino should be cooked whole. Would we go again? Yes, if we wanted a quick pre theater dinner. The restaurant has nice setting, they have good service, and they have excellent coffee.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

A friend and I had lunch here the friday before NYE- we made a reservation on open table however the place is huge so you could walk in and get a table. Our waitress was very attentive and did a great job of keeping our drinks filled. I order the ahi tuna and it was delicious- tuna was cooked just right and the salad was a large portion. My friend got the greek salad and added tuna and it was also a huge portion which it should be for the prices- For 2 salads, 2 coffees, and ice tea- total came to 66 with tax and gratuity. If dining on a budget I wouldn't recommend coming here- great far large groups as well. Service was on point. Would def go back again.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Our hotel recommended this restaurant. We ordered the octopus appetizer since it's something i have not had luck with cooking :). It was incredible, very tender and nicely flavored with a lemon olive oil dressing. My hubby ordered the dover sole, this was tricky the way it is listed on the menu. We probably could have shared this order. The waitress did not explain the serving size very well...you ended up paying for an entire fish that they filet which was absolutely delicious. However, you are paying by the pound and the fish alone ended up being $65....Yikes. I ordered the lamb shank was good but not great, not as tender as expected. It came with an orzo in a tomato sauce...just didn't click with me. If you order sides they are alacarte. Hubby got roasted potatoes with a lemon flavor, very tasty. Atmosphere is very pleasant and the place was hopping on a Thursday night! Suggest reservations.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

My wife and I went there after checking in to the Hyatt. The service was excellent, as was the food. They have a Prix Fixed menu that looked like a more economical deal, and we both chose dinners from that. My wife had the branzini, and I had the lamb dish. Our waiter (Saki) had recommended both and they were great. My wife was disappointed the desserts on the prix fixed menu didn't include anything with chocolate. I was very happy with the fresh fruit and yogurt. We would definitely go there again when we are in Philadelphia.