“Fresh sushi, best Miso soup I've ever had, no atmosphere”
Review of iSushi

iSushi
Ranked #2,171 of 4,651 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Description: We are here gladly to serve you the freshest and most exotic dishes available in the seasons, whether it is a casual lunch, a leisurely weekend or a delightful dinner rendezvous. Come to iSushi for wonderful food and cozy ambience. Located in the Center of Philadelphia, here we are. At our B.Y.O.B restaurant, we also provide party platters. Our chefs have created a menu that will satisfy sushi connoisseurs and novices alike. What's more excited is that you will experience traditional Japanese cuisines, which adheres to the fundamentals of fine Japanese cooking using only the freshest ingredients in our sushi bar. In addition, our dinning interior has a relaxing atmosphere that will ensure to comfort your dinning experience.
Reviewed 20 February 2018

The restaurant is up a few stairs and run by a mom and dad who had their little boy and girl with them. They seemed like nice people, were kind to their children, and the sushi was fresh. Miso soup comes with sushi platters, so my daughter and I each had a bowl. We were impressed by the little tofu cubes and seasoning. Some miso soups are fishy, but this soup had almost no odor at all.
We sat at the sushi bar.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

I have never had such a bad delivery experience before. I ordered my food at 9:45; the email I received back said that I would receive my order around 10:40-50. At around 11:15 I called to see where my order was, the man said that the driver had it and it was on the way. After waiting another half hour I decided to give them a call again. The first call they hung up on me before I could speak a word. The second call the woman said thank you and hung up on me before letting me finish or checking on my order. The third time I asked for the manager and then was hung up on. The fourth time when the manager finally came on the phone he told me it would be another 5 minutes. Taking his word, I waited, but my order NEVER CAME! I waited three hours for an order that I was promised would arrive, but it never did. I went to sleep angry and very hungry.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

This place might be convenient for a simple dinner before your evening play in Wilma Theater or Kimmel Center concert. It offers sushi, Chinese, Japanese and Thai food.They are BYOB. It is a narrow hall with simple tables and minimalistic decor. There is also a "sushi bar" but that area is too tight and crowded to sit there. I had sushi deluxe and it was just OK and not particularly remarkable. Mongolian beef actually had also shrimp and chicken and was delicious.Our friends also mentioned their choices tasted good.
One aspect of functioning this place seems to have problem with - is the service. It was very poor and slow. They paid very little attention to us. First waitress knew NO English. Second new some. We waited for a long time for our dinner and were at some point worried we would not make it to Wilma theater (we gave ourselves two hours for dinner). Finally they trickled some dishes in no particular chaotic staggering order but one of us did not get anything to eat till the end of dinner. His soup was also forgotten (except on the bill).
So in conclusion this place has some potential but they need to work on customer service. The waitresses appear pleasant but not focused, distracted and slow.

Reviewed 2 January 2016

Had Chinese food so can't comment about the sushi. The food we had was food court quality but the service was just terrible. We were ignored from the moment we got our food it was almost laughable, we were one of two tables and we could not get the attention of the only waitress even when she was within a few feet. Calling out did not work, she simply ignored us. It's the first time in years that I did not leave a tip but I doubt she will understand why.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

We went for dinner at I Sushi because it's directly across the street from the Suzanne Roberts Theater at Broad and South Streets. The sushi was really very good, creative, and plentiful. The restaurant is a simple rectangle with tables and chairs. There is no atmosphere and infact, there were no other dners the whle tme we were there. I think people mostly come there for take out. Also the waitress did not speak enou english to answer any of our questions.