All reviews small refrigerator yogurt south street ceiling fan first floor min walk nice room historic sites marjorie tradewinds ac
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Nice, clean, spacious room. We stayed in the main room on the first floor, even had a fireplace! Small refrigerator, mircowave and nice stand up shower. Marjorie was a great host, very polite and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Great location too.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Matt W
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I would definitely stay here again,
Large, airy room on third floor like staying in a treehouse! Comfortable beds!
Short walk to Independence Hall and Reading market and near stop for Big Bus hop-on, hop-off
Room has refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker
Breakfast is cereal, yogurt, coffee/tea in room so available anytime
Grocery stores within 2 blocks

Room Tip: Double and single rooms on third floor, master on first floor
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Betsy B
Reviewed 2 October 2015

Thank you Marjorie for making my daughters and I feel so welcome to your home. The moment we walked into this beautiful room we felt so at home. I look forward to retuning one day. Beautiful memories. God bless you Marjorie.

Room Tip: Close to so many museums, churches, restaurants. Perfect location....
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2015

I had an absolutely wonderful time staying at this very special place. Marjorie was extremely accommodating, friendly and happy to help host! She upgraded my room with no cost, always made sure I had plenty of water in the fridge to cool down on hot Philadelphia days and her place was very unique and charming! The location of bed and breakfast couldn't be better - everything you want to see in this city within walking distance! If I ever back, I know where I will be staying and I invite you to do the same !!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Natasha L
Reviewed 17 May 2015

This b&b is very charming full of funky Chinoiserie artwork. Marjorie is a nice lady and the house is located in a VERY convenient location. There is a Whole Foods and another grocery store within two blocks. Our room (the upstairs room with two twin beds) had a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker so it was easy for us to save some money by storing some food/snacks in the fridge. In the fridge, Marjorie supplies you with yogurts, water, and orange juice. On the breakfast table there is Chex cereal for us in the morning. It was better than a hotel cause we didn't have to go out in the morning to look for coffee, tea, etc. Our room shared a bathroom with another room. But you can lock your side of the door and the next room's door when you are using it so there's no weird safety issue.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business