All reviews small refrigerator yogurt south street ceiling fan first floor min walk nice room historic sites marjorie tradewinds ac
Reviewed 30 March 2015

I had a great one-night stay here, and I would've gladly stayed longer if I could have. I stayed in the "master suite," which had all the comforts of home -- a nice bed, a clean and well-furnished room, a private bathroom, kitchenette -- in addition to a gas fireplace. The hostess, Marjorie, was a pleasure to meet and to do business with. She was personable and knowledgable about the city, able to point me to places of interest I hadn't known about.

The house is across the street from a playground, a block away from a Whole Foods and a few blocks from coffee shops and bars and stores. It's an easy walk to Reading Terminal Market and the Kimmel Center and a million other things.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank dannysusername
Reviewed 19 January 2015

This B&B is in the Washington Square South area of Center City. Taxi cabs pass this location every few minutes. The rooms are large and the hostess is very attentive. Restaurants, bars , and bookstores are all within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank CLEWERT S
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It is hard to find a room with two beds in a bed and breakfast, and I was traveling with my college-age daughter. It turned out to be a wonderful location in my favorite part of Philadelphia, with Whole Foods to buy food a block away. Marjorie got me a street parking pass, which worked beautifully. Be aware that Marjorie has yappy dogs and this is traditional city life, with people sitting on the steps to the front door. I thought it was great, but it isn't the kind of bed and breakfast with shared spaces where you become friends with the other guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Pam_in_SC
Reviewed 10 July 2014

During an academic research trip, I stayed here on and off for 3 weeks, and it was perfect. Fridge always stocked, room cleaned everyday, and because it was a longer stay, Marjorie even did my laundry! Excellent price for the room, given the location, which was 5-10 min walk from everything you need in Philadelphia. Will return in future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank J B
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was in Philadelphia for a short evening, with an very early departure. I found this place on AirBnB, and thought that the price and location seemed very reasonable. Marjorie was very helpful with her directions and being available when I got into town. She did not enforce any kind of curfew... which was great as this B&B is located in a WONDERFUL area! The room came equipped with some light breakfast foods and a mini-fridge, and had a very neo-Classical style to the decor. The air conditioner was stand-alone, but it did cool the room perfectly. The bathroom was shared, but I did not see or hear the other patrons--a very quiet spot. I would definitely recommend this place to future travellers given they are okay with the B&B setting and shared bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple