All reviewswells fargo centersports complexlincoln financial fieldsecurity gatecitizens bank parklo spiedourban outfitterssporting eventsxfinity liveminute walkstadium areaphilly sportshockey gamenewer hotelwithin walking distancebathroom showerbroad street
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Hubby, 19-year-old son and I booked the Courtyard at Navy Yard as a close to PHL airport overnight after attending a wedding in southern PA. I was drawn to its proximity to the airport, the proximity of I-95 in the backyard and the promise of no hassle in dealing with navigating downtown Philly in a car. Oh, we were surprised and delighted! This place ROCKS!

Rooms -- super modern Courtyard. Our kind bed was super comfy, we were able to score extra pillows for our bad backs and our last minute addition of our son was handled well -- there was a pull-out sofa bed in the room. I would say this room would work for three but not four. Mini fridge in room, YAY, and bathroom was super modern. Awesome stall shower, great lighting (I mean girlfriend great lighting) and enough counter space to accommodate us all.

Property -- again a new place but the downstairs was so pro business ! There are pods everywhere to give you a nice booth with your own TV, work spaces without TV, a bar for after work and free bikes to roam the Naval Yard! Hubby and I took the bikes out for a spin in the morning (they even give you helmets and a bike lock) and we discovered the corporate HQ of Urban Outfitters/Anthropoligie, etc . . . this is cool because they have a company cafe inside one of the buildings that you can get a coffee at or even breakfast with just cash or a cc. There is a short bike path along the Delaware River there . .. you can explore . . .no worries about safety at all.

Location -- all four Philadelphia sport stadiums are right across the 95 from the Naval Yard. This is the bomb. There is an ATT rail station at the stadium and I believe that, during weekdays, there is a shuttle that roams the Naval Yard to take folks back and forth. Makes sense for the companies that are located there. For us, on the weekend, we loved the location because we Ubered to old historic Philly for walking and dinner and it was $12 for the ride! Very convenient.

NOTE: At least on the weekends, there are no restaurants to walk to. This hotel is in a location that is under redevelopment and gentrification. Good food is a cab ride away.

Service -- really superior, as Marriott would expect. We were staying at this hotel during Eagles training camp so it was fun just to see the players in the elevators. The staff was polite and respectful of everyone.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. but it does seem to be a place in demand. I can see why. book it and keep confirming your booking! So worth it!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Went there for a concert and it was great! Everything was awesome, super comfortable beds, very well distributed bedroom and very very clean. The attention at the counter was great, everyone super helpful and friendly.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I booked a room here two weeks ago, through our corporate travel agency, along with 3 other colleagues. On my flight to the east coast to stay at the hotel they informed my assistant they had overbooked and rebooked me at another Marriott farther away! The whole reason for my visit was to be able to walk a block to my clients' offices. They gave no reason other than I had no Marriott rewards card, and also said the entire hotel was booked in (by 6pm) and no where to put me (however my three colleagues had not yet checked in). Called many times up the chain and got a complete run around. I travel extensively for business and have never had this happen, nor been treated like this. unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Randy G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Barbonk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. There are times when the hotel is in a sold out situation. We do have guests extend there stay and this does cause us to oversell. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. This is not something that we do often and try to avoid at all costs. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you give us another opportunity to win back your trust in Marriott.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

With two nights of concerts scheduled at Citizen’s Bank, we were looking for a hotel close to the stadium. Because of all the great reviews, I decided to book the Marriott. What a great hotel...clean, quiet, and within walking distance to all concerts/sporting events. This is the first time in a long time we had an uninterrupted night’s sleep. Typically there’s noisy traffic, loud people in the hallways and slamming doors. We did not experience any of that. The staff was very accommodating in helping us get transportation, ordering late night food delivery, etc. The on-site restaurant is not open when you return from evening events, but there snacks and drinks for purchase, although you do pay “extra” for the convenience. There is a refrigerator in the room, so you can bring your own food/drinks. My only complaint would be housekeeping. We always make it a point to tip housekeeping, daily, but we retuned to partially made beds and full garbage cans. A little disappointing, when our initial reaction upon check in was the attention to detail, and cleanliness. This will not deter us from using this hotel again. We enjoyed our stay, and cannot think of a more convenient place to stay when attending a stadium event.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We stayed here for a concert at Citizen Park. The walk to the stadium was mostly on sidewalks, it was a little tricky under 95- had to walk on the grass, but very close (10 min). Many people were walking so we felt safe. The hotel staff were VERY friendly and welcoming. Mariama and Sabrina went out of their way to explain all that the hotel had to offer. Check out is noon, so in the morning Sabrina helped us sign out the bikes (free for hotel guests) that we rode around the Navy Yard and got coffee. As we were leaving another staff member offered to stop and take our photo on the bikes. We did not use the bistro so can't comment on that. Would recommend this hotel because of its cleanliness, close proximity to stadiums, and outgoing, friendly staff. Thank you for a great overnight in Philly! We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple