“Great seafood for last 40 years .”
Review of Gallo's Seafood

Gallo's Seafood
Ranked #242 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Have the best broiled seafood combo meal . Honey soy glazed Salmon is another great meal . Manhattan clam chowder soup rocks . My son said that their hamburger meals are tops . Place is always clean . Bummed me out that last Friday they were out of flounder before 5 P.M . Have to ask for rolls @ busy takeout store. Never had a bad meal in the 40 years that we have been dining there . My nephew worked there while in high school years ago and said they treated the help great .

1  Thank Tom G

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Gallo's Seafood restaurant has been in my neighborhood for as long as I can remember. I took my family there when my kids were little and now they are grown. The food is just as good as it ever was. The seafood is always fresh and we'll prepared. My favorites are broiled scallops and I also love their soy honey glazed broiled salmon. On week nights you can get their early bird special that includes soup or salad, a drink, entree with 2 sides, and dessert....all for less than 20 bucks! The hot apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream that comes with the special is a highlight of the dinner. Quite delicious! The only negative is that the place is sometimes very crowded. Go early if you don't like to wait - especially on the weekend.

1  Thank Carol71
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The atmosphere and service are friendly and excellent weather it is a family, group or two people.
All of the items on the menu are great,the crab cakes are all crab meat not loaded with any fillers. You can even get a hamburger , chicken , or even fish tacos.
Any time I have been there it was excellent.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Excellent fresh seafood always. The crab cake is almost all lump crab meat. Items also available for land lubbers.

1  Thank 471cathyt
Reviewed 19 May 2017

In my family Gallo's was a local favorite, but we now live further away and have not visited in a while.

Anyway took Mom and the family there for Mother's Day dinner, as this was Mom's choice. Sadly, we were all very disappointed. While the service was good, the food was disappointing. First they seemed to be out of all sorts of things. Considering it was a holiday, there is very little reason to run out of critical ingredients with proper planning - really out of flounder - that eliminates probably six items on their menu.
What we did end up ordering was disappointing.
Will not be back,