“Good. Not great.”

Ranked #594 of 5,113 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Ehhh. As a visitor to Philadelphia I was relying on OpenTable to help me with my dinner options. We wanted Italian, and we wanted something in/near the Old City neighborhood...so we were led to LaScala's. When we arrived we almost kept walking and tried to find something else, just because it didn't look like what we were expecting it to look like. But we went in and ate...and our server was fantastic, and the food was decent. For us it just loses points for atmosphere...or lack thereof...

Pros: Decent food and good service (minus the hostess who was on her phone when we arrived)
Cons: Bright lights and faux brick walls

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I rarely leave a bad review and have waited two days before writing this, but dinner at LaScala was such a disappointing experience that I want to warn anyone who’s visiting Philadelphia and hoping for a great Italian meal to look elsewhere. The food was just average at best and not particularly flavorful, although to their credit, the portions were large. The worst part was having to wait over an hour for our entrees. Bread didn’t even arrive until about 45 minutes after being seated, drinks were slow too, and after that we had to track down the waiter to see when our appetizer would arrive. Although our waiter was friendly enough and apologized for the delays after a while, it was really aggravating, especially given the ultimate food quality. We didn’t bother to stay for dessert - had to cut our losses. I would steer clear of this place.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I called to place an order and then cancel the order in less than 5minutes. The female on the line was very rude! I will NEVER DINE THE EVER!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Very friendly service. My gluten free penne with fra diablo sauce was delicious. My wife wasn’t as enthused about the pasta with clam sauce. Other couple enjoyed there meals. Solid but not extraordinary.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We happened upon La Scala's after a long day of sightseeing and needing adult refreshments. The martinis were excellent and the wait staff engaging and prompt.The Happy Hour food menu was fairly extensive but you could also order off the dinner menu is needed. The pizza we ordered was very good but the best was the fried eggplant sticks served with marinara sauce. Prices were very reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2017