“Really great seafood ”
Review of Seafood Unlimited

Seafood Unlimited
Reserve with OpenTable
Seafood Unlimited is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #518 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 12 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre West
Cross street: 20th and Spruce
Transit: #12 bus lets off 1 block away at 20th & Locust. #17 bus lets off at 20th & Spruce across the street and #7 bus lets off at 22nd & Spruce 2 blocks away.
Description: We are Philadelphia' oldest seafood restaurant serving our neighbors as well as out of town guests for over 40 years in a casual setting. We specialize in the freshest fish, seafood and live lobsters purchased and shipped in on a daily basis. Daily offerings include wild salmon, day boat scallops, sea bass, jumbo shrimp, tuna, catfish, crabcakes and the aforementioned live lobsters to name just a few of the items on our menu. Be sure to save room for our homemade desserts like key lime pie, chocolate mousse, bread pudding and more.
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner on our trip to Philadelphia. I had the New England clam chowder for an appetizer. For my main course, I had the crab cakes. Everything was delicious. My wife had the pecan crusted cod and she said it was delicious as well. Be forewarned, the night we were there, they only accepted CASH.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We went because it was nearby. Others had rated it a 3.5. We thought it better than that.

It has an every day, all day happy hour at the bar and outside tables with discounted drinks and appetizers. Our daughter and her husband went over a bit before we did and took advantage of the happy hour.

The server was excellent. Very knowledgeable. I had the fish in the fish special but just ordered it pan seared. It was well prepared and delicious.

We shared calamari and mussels. Both were good. Wife had shrimp and scallops over linguine and loved it. The linguine was perfectly cooked as was the seafood.

So I gave it a four. If ambiance is important to you, maybe you'd give it a two or three.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife, sister-in-law, and I ate at a sidewalk table on a hot night in late June. We had panko crusted sea bass, crab cakes, and pan-seared scallops. All were good (we shared them around) but we agreed the sea bass was about the best fish we had ever eaten. The waiter didn't know what sea it came from but was sure it wasn't Chilean so-called sea bass. We only had two nights in central Philly and contemplated a number of other places for our second night, but ended up returning to Seafood Unlimited. Same table, same waiter, but we traded out the crab cakes for a second order of that remarkable bass. The thing about crab cakes is they may be good but they're never as good as the first time you ever had them.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

So we're in Center City Philadelphia and we decide we want fish for dinner. I remember this restaurant which I last visited about 10 years ago. I remembered it as a solid choice for fresh seafood in a no-nonsense fish store atmosphere, and I remembered reasonable prices. We'll - the place has been upscaled, but the prices are still good considering you're at a seafood restaurant in Center City. And the fish is still fresh and prepared with care. I didn't order the 1 1/4 pond lobster with sides for $23.50. Instead I got crab cakes no filler (really). My wife got bronzino. We both enjoyed the experience, and we won't hesitate to return.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Unassumingly located, first time here. Cozy setting, perfect for a quite dinner.
Staff - great attitude& service.
Food choices fewer than expected but - fresh, presentation & taste . Variety of drinks served.
**please note they only accept cash , ATM in premise for your convenience.
Recommend