All reviews front desk breakfast and dinner two bedroom suite self parking full kitchen street parking small kitchen complimentary breakfast across the street desk staff indoor pool per day business center business trip nice stay yogurt toni
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Second time we stayed in this hotel. First time had a terrible smell of marijuana (not sure if I reviewed it that time). Now the room was smelings burned, even the windows were open - I guess to try to get the smell out?
Front desk Toni was a great professional, welcomed us and made sure we felt comfortable. On the other hand, during check out (different lady) I was charged twice for parking and thankfully I checked my email before leaving the hotel and found the mistake. She did not even apologize, just said she corrected it. The room was ok in size, but clearly shows the age and lack of renovation in the last years (see pictures) Unfortunately I would not recommend anyone to stay there. The breakfast area is disgusting, almost did not sit to eat since seats are dirty. Food was better before, I noticed they are trying to save cutting of some items (yogurt, chocolate chips for waffles, hot chocolate).
I did check in online but could not get the room I chose when we came in. Toni tried her best to please me but it was not up to her. Unfortunately not returning.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sanja1974
Reviewed 27 March 2018

The staff would talk bad about other guests while other guest were around the counter. the toliet did not work but was fixed the next day. my lights in the kitchen did not work, but were fixed the next day. the room smelt of smoke and the floor below was a smoking lounge. Parking is a couple blocks away. do not stay here if at all possible.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Too much to write. Old urine and blood on the bathroom floor. Dried up spit on the elevator walls. Dirt rings around the pool. Unless you wish to clean your entire room yourself avoid this hotel at all cost.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Bria J, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We found a MOUSE running around our room. We were here as part of a business trip and had a room on the 2nd floor. We immediately called the front desk to let them know. They were accommodating enough to give us a room on the 8th floor. The room we switched into was better (when I say better I mean no visible mouse running around) but an old/used shower towel was left hanging on the bathroom door and the room smelled like cigarettes although it was a non-smoking room in the corner of the hotel. Very disturbed by this overall experience - I'm a frequent traveler and not a single time did I ever experience something like this. Will never return in the future. Please put this place under thorough inspection because I also see from other reviews that this place has bed bugs too.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I had booked a room here on Hotels.com and not realizing when checking in that the room I had accidently selected was for a Smoking room. Most hotels now are 100% smoke free, well this one definitely isn't. The entire floor smelled like an ashtray and the room smelled horrible to the point I couldn't even breath. The hotel didn't have any other rooms available so I had to deal with the stench until I was able to book another hotel for the next day. Also the people in the next room had the TV volume on full blast and were screaming at each other. After seeing the hotel guest "caliber" and the quality of the clientele then explained it. I have a feeling that since the hotel is located near West Philadelphia, some of the people that live in the area also stay at the hotel.

Room tip: If you are not a smoker, make sure that you book a NON smoking room.