“Great pub with good beer and pub food”
Review of Black Sheep Pub

Black Sheep Pub
Ranked #262 of 5,099 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 1 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre West
Description: The Black Sheep Pub and Restaurant, Philadelphia's favorite Irish pub since 1999, is just a few steps from historic Rittenhouse Square.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Recently had nice dinner at the Black Sheep. Good selection of beers on tap and in bottles. Great mac n cheese! Very good bangers and mash. The decor is pub. The service is courteous.

Mike R, Manager at Black Sheep Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

I'm glad you had a great time dining at our restaurant recently, especially enjoying our selection of beers, the mac n' cheese, and the bangers and mash. I hope you return for another delicious meal soon!

Take care,

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Right out of the gate - What is in that dipping sauce that they give with the fries? It is ever so good!

Yet another solid experience at the Black Sheep. This is a laid back, good time spot. Sure, it is pub grub, but, they do it well. The service is quick, not super fancy, and efficient. The place always seems to be packed and everyone is having a good time. It's that kind of place. Sure, it can get loud, but, that's sorta the scene.

While it is a bar, it's not a bad place for families to eat.

I had my usual, lamb sliders. I am assuming that they don't hand make the patty on site, but, the bread and caramelized onions more than make up for it. The rest of my party had some form of burgers. They all had the pefect char.

The aforementioned fries and dipping sauce were top notch, as always.

Great beer selection, to boot.

We will be back. We always come back.

Mike R, Manager at Black Sheep Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Thanks for stopping by. It's great you loved the lamb sliders, the dipping sauce, fries, and our beer selection. Can't wait for you to return for more soon. I appreciate your support of our local pub.

See you soon,

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Hung out with some friends here for a few hours. Place has a good atmosphere, and the beer and whiskey selections were solid. Ordered the burger and was impressed - far better than I expected for basic “pub food”.

Mike R, Manager at Black Sheep Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thanks for hanging out at our pub, Tom. It's great you had a fun time. I hope you return for another meal soon.

Take care,

Reviewed 23 January 2018

The owner was there and very nice guy - the staff is kind and the food is okay. A place where you feel welcome.

Mike R, Manager at Black Sheep Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Thanks, Nwamre. I'm glad you're a fan of our pub. I look forward to your next visit!

Until next time,

Reviewed 11 January 2018

There is nothing special about this place. The food is very average, uneventful. The best thing I had was the Chimay triple white... but, hey, I cannot grant too much merit to the place for that. On the top of that, service was poor... to say the least.

Mike R, Manager at Black Sheep Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience at our pub. We do our best to provide a fantastic experience for all of our guests. Should you ever have a concern about your meal or our service, please let a manager know and we'll address the issue immediately. I hope our team has another opportunity to impress you in the future.