“Should be named something else”
Review of Brasil's Nightclub

Brasil's Nightclub
Ranked #2,367 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, South American
Good for: Romantic
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I dont get the name Brasil's Nightclub. It's nowhere near Brasil like. Latino yes, Brasil no, no and no. And the drinks? A caipirinha that tastes like mojito and a margarita that tastes like lime juice. Oh, and you forced (yes, forced) to check your coats.

1  Thank MrsTMB_32

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Their latin music is not great, songs kept skipping, all of their best bartenders are gone replaced with an all female staff and only one bartender was attentive the cover at the door is $10pp so you kinda get sucked in at the door this used to be one of the hottest bars in old city I miss the old Brasil's

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Not a restaurant (nor was I expecting it to be one) but I was so impressed with the salsa instructor I wanted to review! He was funny and had that teachers touch. The class was very easy to follow. I have salsa danced plenty times before but even beginners were looking good at the end of class. Not a drinker so I can't comment on the bar itself however the salsa instructor and the selector were amazing. Tip- it's simple: take the Wednesday night class! Also, they do have coat check but it's downstairs from the dance floor so obviously don't take a lot of stuff in with you.

1  Thank Tips_r_appreciated
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Brasil's is on the top floor of the club Encore. I arrived with some friends on a Saturday night around 9:30 for an hour of salsa instruction. The teacher had us switch partners every few minutes, which I liked, as I got to learn a few new moves from some of the more experienced dancers. After the lesson was over the crowd broke up to hit the bar or dance floor. There was a slightly disproportionate amount of men to women, which made finding a partner easy if you were looking for a male partner. Not thrilled about the bar. I ordered a mojito, which the bartender loaded with overly sweet syrup. Yuck. Overall, the dancing was fun and I would definately give it another try!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I went there because of the name but nothing on that place has anything from Brazil! I am Brazilian and I can assure you that Salsa is not Brazilian... and that is the only thing they have there... I was very disappointed... Not that I don't like Salsa, I really do, but that day I really thought I was going to a place with Brazilian music...They don't even have caipirinhas, or samba, or forro, or guarana... It should not be called Brazil's...

2  Thank Brasileira_12