“Wonderful dive bar”

Bill Murphy Irish Bar
Ranked #1,075 of 5,099 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Cheap food, outdoor seating and easy atmosphere. It's my favorite dive bar in the area. Has a decent craft beer selection!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We popped in here for lunch after seeing a matinee play at the Old Academy Players just down the road. Bill Murphy's Irish Bar is fairly understated form the outside but inside is a large traditional bar. There was only one member of staff during that late afternoon but she was very friendly and efficient. There were several other patrons eating and drinking and the atmosphere was good. A couple of TVs on the wall were showing sport, but not loudly.
Food was typical pub fare and was good, as was the Guinness.

Note: This is a cash only place (which is really annoying in the 21st Century, but what the hey...). There is an ATM on site.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Great food - especially the pig wings (specials on Sundays!) I've been coming to Murphys since college days and its still a favorite. I love the vibe in the bar and hope they never ever change.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I have planned on coming here many times but something has always occurred (IE rain,sleet,snow)...today I finally made it!!!....the draw is what they call their turf burger, it's a very good burger with plenty of creamy condiments and a Lil bit of jalapeño gives it just the perfect kick. Let's break it down...**bun-very good briochr....**meat-very high quality and cooked correctly....**condiments-perfect blend of creamy condiments.....the fries are also great and the small for 2 bucks can feed an army....I'll be back in the fall on a Tuesday when it's 4 bucks instead of 8.75

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

This is my favorite bar in East Falls because the food is a notch above the rest. I tend to get the tuff burger and a side of fries which is the best burger I've had in Philly. I'm lucky enough to be a local and have frequently had my end of the week lunch here.

When my wife comes with me, she normally explores the menu and hasn't been turned off by any of the items.

Worth the trip for non locals for the burger alone. Large bar, table seating, and a side patio depending on your preference.