“1st time visit..... Awesome!”
Review of Ristorante Pesto

Ristorante Pesto
Ranked #1 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Giovanni and Concetta Varallo are honored to welcome you to RISTORANTE PESTO. Our meals are prepared in the finest Authentic Italian Tradition, using only the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. Chef Giovanni Varallo's and Chef Maria Varallo-Facenda's care, dedication and attention to detail transform every dish into a work of art. We hope your stay with us is a "Dining Experience."
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Was looking for a place to bring clients and decided to take my wife, mother and 2 year old to try it out. Everyone was friendly and the food was fantastic! From the clams casino appetizer, caesar salad to the main dishes and desserts... everything was great. My wife had a seafood special, my mother the chicken picante and I went with the chicken parm.... delicious! When we left, I made a point to reserve for a client dinner in the coming weeks. You really get the family feel from everyone you encounter and is definitely worthy of a visit! Enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

The best Italian food you ever tasted. My father in law who was born in Italy would agree hands down that this was truly authentic Italian cooking. My son chose this place after his white coat ceremony and we were so happy he did. The owner was super sweet and made it a point to visit every table to chat with them. She made you feel as though you were guest sitting at her house for dinner. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I’ve been a fan of Pesto for well over a decade, and am thrilled every time I go.
The gnocchi: fanstastic. The cavatelli: an award-winning signature dish. From appetizers to desserts, everything is sublime.
Whether it’s a special occasion or just a regular visit, owners Concetta and John make every visit memorable. I really can't say enough good things about it.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

As soon as I entered Pesto I was greeted warmly and sincerely by owner Concetta, setting the mood for a lovely evening. Bring your appetite since portions are ample and worthy of “la scarpetta” (using your bread to sop up the last bit of sauce from your plate). From braciolettine (thinly sliced beef stuffed with cheese and grilled) to a bounty of seafood on top of squid ink pasta, homemade by chef John, my dinner was awesome! The servers were attentive and sweet. Pesto feels like going to an Italian relative's home who has prepared a wonderful dinner with love…the best compliment to give!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

The food here is always excellent and so is the atmosphere. This is an authentic Italian gem! One of my favorites is their Zuppa di Pesce. It is excellent. The location is convenient right off the Broad Street subway line so it makes it easy if you are looking for a place to catch dinner before an event or game. Parking is relatively easy on Broad Street too and the nearest subway stop is right at Broad and Snyder. Passyunk Ave is also directly East right behind the restaurant so it's great for an after dinner stroll.