“Scrumptious Peruvian Food!!”

Ranked #1,417 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 12 - USD 30
Cuisines: Portuguese, Peruvian
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Description: El balconcito II opened its doors in 2009, Following the success of el balconcito I. El balconcito II offers an authentic culinary experience through food, and cocktails. We are now in the process of opening our third location in the heart of Philadelphia VISTA PERU, which will open in the winter of 2017.
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Nice, quaint establishment in Philadelphia, PA. The food here is always delicious and my all time favorite Peruvian Plate "Jalea Mixta" is always fresh and right on point with the flavors.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I went with wife and friends on a Friday evening. We got to El Balconcito II around 7pm and it was about half full, with a large TV screen on in mute, but as we left two hours later, the restaurant was full and loud music was being played. We started off with three types of tostones or fried green plantains shaped as a basket filled with crab. Delicious! The main dishes were "Chaufa" or Peruvian Style Chinese rice with seafood, egg, red pepper and scallion and "jalea mixta", which is a fried fish fillet, plenty of seafood and cassava. Each may serve two persons moderately hungry; we ate leftovers the following day. I wasn't particularly impressed by the main dishes, they seem somewhat bland. The service was cordial and the order didn't take long to arrive to the table. Next time I will order ceviche.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This is my boyfriend's favorite restaurant. We always get a good meal here. The food is very flavorful and there's good portions. It is quality food. The servers are always very nice and helpful with a little bit of a slow pace.. but it's relaxing and a nice place to eat with spectacular food.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

The meal was awesome! This was my first time trying Peruvian food. I can't rate the atmosphere as we got the food to go. We ordered ceviche and corn and cheese platter with this sweet mayo sauce. Very good!

Reviewed 19 May 2016

This place serves Peruvian food and Portuguese food. The food is very good but the service is horrible.