“Egg-licious for me :)”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This joint serves some mouthwatering dishes, mostly comes with eggs, and I found them de-licious and egg-licoius at the same time :)

1  Thank JUNI-BANERJEE

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Came here twice. Once I arrived around 830 on Sunday, no wait, extremely quick and responsive service. Got the chicken and waffle Benedict and it was scrumptious, a little kick of flavor, a little sweet. Didn't need to add any syrup.

Second visit on a Tuesday around 11. Very brief wait. Service was a little slow... like waiter came by once just to say hed be with me shortly. Then again and just asked for drink but I was ready, although could've been more aggressive. Got the pecan pie French toast which was insanely rich and amazing. Couldn't finish it and I have a huge appetite and sweet tooth. Totally worth it. The coffee was great. Took awhile to get my bill but server was always polite.

It is cash only which is annoying in 2018 but they have an atm and the fee is only a buck.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

What a breakfast, or really lunch. We came at about 11:30 on a Tuesday and had to wait about 15minutes for a table for three, but well worth the wait. I came with my two kids ages 4 and 7. They had a kids menu, but the portions were enough for a grown man. I got an order of fabulous crem brûlée French toast which was to die for and enough food for two people for sure. My kids kept asking when we could go back. Prices were great, service was just fine. All around a great experience. Next time we are in philly I would certainly seek it out again. Yum yum and double yum.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The weathermen predicted snow and a lot of businesses in downtown Philly closed but Green Eggs Cafe was open! We arrived and were told there would be a 5-10 minute wait and told to wait outside in the snow— luckily our table was available in only five minutes. A staff member tried to ignite an outside heater but it failed to turn on. Thanks for trying!

We sampled shrimp and grits and the chocolate and peanut butter waffle. Food was warm, plentiful and tasty. The hostess and the waiter both told us that the restaurant was cash only (ATM on site) and they have a policy of not offering any split checks (I needed this due to being on a business lunch). The hostess should advise incoming visitors when they sign in about the cash only policy— it’s not a deal breaker but transparency at the beginning of the visit should be the standard. We would return— excellent breakfast.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped at this cafe as all of Philly began to shutdown due to a winter storm. We were seated immediately, but by the time we left it was a 30 minute wait and by rule would be patrons had to wait outside in the snow. The food was tremendous and reasonably priced, which given the quality and food to table approach, was a pleasant feature. I am an eggs Benedict guy and the options were outstanding ranging from traditional lochs and ham to crab cake and corned beef with red cabbage. Really well done. The wait staff was prompt and professional, serving an absolutely packed house and food was done quickly. Last but not least, staff was clearly well trained in inquiring if it was our first time to make sure we knew payment was cash only, a rarity. Yes, it is cash only, which I considered awarding only 4 circles as a result, but food was too good to matter.