Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Center City
Hyatt.com
USD 167*
USD 162*
  • Restaurant
All reviewspenn squaregreat locationcenter cityacross the streetbedroom suitevalet parkingfree breakfastreading terminal marketfull kitchenyogurtsofa beddunkin donutswithin walking distancesitting areafront desk staffbreakfast roombusiness center
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I want to compliment the staff at the Residence Inn at One Penn Square for their professionalism and care during our business trip. I want to particularly praise Vicki in housekeeping who attended to our room, anticipated our needs, and was extremely helpful with the needs of my dad. She was friendly like I had known her all my life and treated us with respect. She is a diamond in the rough. My husband works for Hyatt in Santa Barbara and she exemplifies the type of people that work there and understand the attention to detail over and above the call of duty! I will be recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Philadelphia as a great business destination hotel!

Room Tip: Stay on any floor where Vicki is the housekeeper. She spent a lot of time and attention to the details in the room. The rooms have great suites and the private bathrooms in the two bedroom suites are perfect for travel and families. By the way if you turn off the air the room is very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Two blocks from the Convention Center, this was the perfect place to stay to see the Philadelphia Flower show. The room was spotless, the kitchen well-equipped, comfy bed. We stayed on the 15th floor with a lovely view of City Hall and the skyline. The room was very quiet, which is a must for me as I'm a light sleeper - we didn't hear the surrounding neighbors or street traffic. Staff was helpful, friendly, and responsive (we needed sheets for the sofa bed and they sent them up immediately). Breakfast had a lot of options, from cereals, yogurt, toast to eggs, sausage and make your own waffles. We'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: John at the front desk asked our room preferences and then chose a room with a view for us.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was a great stay for my family of 5 - me, my husband, and three teenage kids. I had checked out many hotels and decided on this one because of TripAdvisor reviews and the fact that the suite could sleep my family of 5 and it had two bathrooms!! The price of this hotel and the location could not be beat. We gave our car to the valet and didn't need it again until we left Philly 3 days later. This hotel is in a great location to walk to so many areas.
The staff at the front desk and the valet parking attendants were great at our arrival. The hotel was very clean and our room was well appointed. Some reviewers mentioned that the hotel was older, but we didn't find this to be a problem at all. Our room overlooked the city and it was just a great view. Everything was clean and very comfortable. The beds were so comfortable.
Breakfast was very good also. Saved time and money eating in. The selection was very good and fresh.
Overall, this was a great stay for us. This hotel was very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Stayed on 20th floor - great views and very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Overall a good choice - but a warning at the end!
We stayed just one night for a conference at the Marriott convention center. The hotel staff was excellent. Very friendly and very helpful. Our room wasn't ready yet because we came in around 11:00 AM for that night. The staff took our bags and held them behind the desk and gave us access to their lounge on the second floor and a key for access to the business center on the lower lobby.
The rooms are dated as observed in other reviews, but very comfortable and clean. The hotel location on the square is excellent. Within easy walking distance to shopping and events downtown.
Warning - valet parking is mandatory at his hotel. When we arrived the valet was very friendly and extremely helpful. I felt very comfortable leaving him in care of my car. However, when we picked up the car the next day as we are driving away I saw a coin token that I keep in the glove compartment had been moved (dropped) in the cup holder well of the car. Obviously someone went through my glove compartment or my change drawer. The hotel states that the cars are kept offsite and they are not responsible for article in the car, but I feel it is their responsibility to ensure belongings are secure, especially since the valet parking is mandatory.
Over all I was pleased with my stay at the hotel, but be warned make sure you take all valuables (including change in your ashtray) with you as the parking is NOT secure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank EmptyNest1108
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Although the hotel was hard to find at first, we called them up were only a block away. It's name doesn't stand out but it's right next to a Dunkin Donuts. Our room faced City Hall, which was nice. Smaller than other Res Inns we've been too, but still worked for us.

It was DH, myself and our 2 children ages 4 and 6. We walked to Jones restaurant for dinner and had about a 20min wait for a table. Took about 10min to get there.

We used valet for parking since there was no way I was going to try and self park, then walk with 2 kids, bags and toys back to the hotel.

In the morning, we were heading to the auto show and I happened to ask if they had any tickets, and they did, so we scored some free tix, always a plus.

Breakfast was great, fountain soda too which is good for me.

Would def. stay here again. Only wish they had a pool!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family