All reviewsquiet streetdrawing roomcontinental breakfastmolton brown toiletriessmall hotelpresidential suitewine and cheeseeach eveningyogurtthird floorhard boiled eggslovely roombed was very comfortablewonderful staydefinitely stay here againfew blockslocation was perfect
Reviewed 8 December 2016

We found this for a quick romantic overnight in the city, on a quiet side street but a short walk from the park. Small boutique style with a continental breakfast in the basement, but the rooms were well appointed and front desk staff very attentive and nice. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The suite was not much more expensive and worth the price.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1715, Manager at Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Dear Jim S, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your quick romantic get away, and your kind words about our rooms, breakfast and the staff.

Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Rittenhouse 1715 is a very homey place for leisure travelers. The staff are very friendly and helpful! We met Daniel at the Reception and he offered to help us with parking since we were in a hurry for an event upon arrival - this really saved our day!! The cafe was nice and cozy, and me and my friend just love the decor and presentation of the breakfast! Lobby and room are cozy and clean. Highly recommend for leisure travelers. Only thing that is not convenient is the parking. The garage is about 2.5 blocks away, and will charge for whole day for each in & out.

Room Tip: There seems to be no elevators, so I guess lower floor will be easier for ppl with luggages.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Wycee, We appreciate your writing a five star review and you kind comments. I remember taking your car to the garage so you could attend a concert at the Curtis. Thank you for noticing our decor and finding the lobby and your room cozy.

Please contact me directly when you are ready to return!

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Tucked away on a charming side street, this small hotel is perfect for a quiet stay. Very French in its ambience, the concierge was extremely helpful and professional. The room my husband and I shared was pretty and comfortable with a clean, nicely stocked bathroom.
For me, the bed was too soft and I ended up having to sleep, part of the night, on the floor. My husband, on the other hand, slept soundly and found the bed to be cozy and good. Oh well, I have a bad back!
Really, it was a great evening and a great room to return to. We would come back anytime!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear scinoman, Thank you for taking the time to write a five star review, and your kind words about the staff and your room. I am so sorry to hear about the soft mattress not being to your liking. I have discussed this with ownership, so that we will have a solution moving forward with our renovations.

Please contact me directly upon your return.

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

This is our fifth visit. Well trained, warm staff. Cheery breakfast room with good continental breakfast, wine in the early evening, central location. Apple bread pudding on Thanksgiving morning. Our home away from home in Philly.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear EZtripping, Thank you for taking the time to write a review each time you stay. We appreciate the five star rating and your kind words. We all enjoy being your " home away from home in Philly"

The bread pudding was Ed's idea for Thanksgiving and it was A hit, so he is doing the same for Christmas.

We all want to say Congratulations on your son's wedding.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Stayed in this gem of a place this past week for a conference. I found the staff to be extremely helpful, always offering a bit of info to help make our travels around town better. The staff was very knowledgeable and took ownership of any situations that arose. The room was small but well appointed with nice furniture and details. The hotel reminded me of some that I have seen in France. We really enjoyed meeting new people each night at the wine and cheese reception in the parlor. The hotel is perfectly located for foodies!

Room Tip: maybe request a room on the 1st or 2nd floor to avoid having to take stairs with luggage.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear Dianca E, We really appreciate your five star rating and kind words about our staff. We always try to address any situation immediately as they arise, and we are grateful that you gave us the opportunity to do so.

Guests often share that the hotel reminds them of Europe, and on many occasions they end up meeting really nice people during the wine reception or at breakfast. We are really glad that you had this experience.