All reviewsheavenly bedliberty placefront deskrittenhouse squarerain showermini barself parkingroom servicecentral locationcomfortable roomsshower headcenter citycity of brotherly lovethe entire stafffantastic locationbusiness tripfew blocks
Reviewed 27 July 2018

All around nice. Heavenly bed as is the expectation at Westin. Friendly staff. Kudos to Samantha at front desk for above and beyond! Weston never disappoints. Would return anytime - super location , hotel, and staff!

Stayed: July 2018
Matt N, Manager at The Westin Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear Kelton,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. Its always nice to hear that one of our associates went above and beyond. I will make sure Samantha and the rest of our team see your feedback as I know they will appreciate hearing you enjoyed. Thanks again, and we hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Although it was a little far from the convention center where I had to be, I loved the attached mall that had great food options and the convenience of feeling like you did not even have to leave the hotel. The room was comfortable and spacious and convenient for the business traveler. Coffee at all hours was also pleasant although better breakfast options would have been even nicer.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear MiddleEasternTravel,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent visit. I am glad that you enjoyed access to Liberty Place, comfortable room, and coffee service. We hope to welcome you back to The Westin Philadelphia in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2018

We stayed here for two nights for a wedding that was nearby. It is in a great location for walking anywhere in the city. I agree with some of the other reviewers. The housekeeping was less than desired. I was excited to stay in the Weston as it is higher-end and with the "discounted" wedding rate of $200/night, I was expecting a lot. I felt our room was minimally cleaned and I also Lysol wiped everything upon arrival. The room was humid and stuffy the whole stay and when the AC was running, it smelled of mold. The rain shower head is great for a relaxing shower but when you need to rinse shampoo and conditioner out of long hair, it takes some time. The towels felt old and crunchy and did not smell fresh. The bathrobe on the back of the bathroom door did not look inviting. We had noisy neighbors who kept letting their doors slam...nothing the hotel can do about it but it became quite annoying. The hotel bar is expensive. We spent $35 on two glasses of no-name wine. The service was poor even when not busy. We did not park a car but saw the parking rates were very expensive for both valet and self park. The front desk staff was friendly and allowed us to check in super early which was nice since we had nowhere to put our luggage. Upon check out we discovered a high dollar amount charged to our room at the restaurant that was not ours. We are still waiting for the refund. Overall it was just OK. I expected more and was disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Matt N, Manager at The Westin Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Sunsetwinewaves,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback regarding your visit to our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, early arrival, and friendly staff. I am very sorry that you experienced a few defects during your visit. I have brought your feedback to our teams attention to ensure the defects you mentioned are corrected. We are very focused on providing a great experience for all of our guests and clearly we fell short during your visit. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia. I would love the opportunity to ensure you have a much more seamless experience.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel because we had a wedding near by. Here are the pros and cons of the Westin Philly based on our personal experience:

PROS
1. The location is excellent- walking distance to all the hot spots.
2. The staff was friendly- everyone from the doormen, servers, reception, etc. were very nice.
3. After experiencing some unpleasantness in our first room (more on that in a bit) we were upgraded to a much better room.
4. The restaurant in the hotel served a great lunch.

CONS
1. The housekeeping of the hotel is more than questionable- When we first checked in we were brought to a our first room (which was very small but that's besides the point) and immediately noticed something was wrong. The place smelled like someone had just gone to the bathroom so we checked the toilet and there were skid-marks ALL over the toilet. It was clear that someone had just gone to the bathroom there before we checked in. Another clue that someone had been there before us was that the snack tray by the TV (which has specific slots for each snack) had multiple missing snacks. I guess someone pooed, grabbed snacks and then took off. I sprayed Lysol EVERYWHERE and wiped down the bathroom with antibacterial wipes but my husband said this is ridiculous and called the front desk. After 20 minutes of waiting around we were taken to a new small room (a housekeeping representative came in and seemed skeptical of our account which was frustrating). Our new room was also very small, we are SPG platinum members but were told the hotel was completely booked and there was no way to get an upgrade. My husband called the SPG preferred number and after another half hour we were told by the hotel that they did have an upgrade for us after all. We were taken to a our third room which was large and spacious with a living room area. We were walked there personally by Kareem (I believe a manager) who was very friendly. Once Kareem left we felt we could finally relax so my husband joked and said why don't you go and check the toilet in this room...I walked into the bathroom and the toilet ONCE AGAIN was dirty. This time it was just pee and toilet paper, but STILL! 2 toilets were totally gross which shows it hadn't been cleaned before we had come in. At this point we realized we wouldn't be getting a better room than this so I once again sprayed Lysol and wiped down the bathroom. All we could do at that point is laugh.
2. At the time when we were checking in at the front desk we were asked if we wanted SPG points or vouchers for the breakfast so we chose the vouchers. I asked the lady what are the hours of the breakfast in the morning to redeem the vouchers. She said breakfast starts at 7am and ends at 3pm. We were like "Wow, breakfast ends at 3? That's amazing!" And she smiled and said "Yes, our breakfast runs late!" The following morning we went to a museum figuring we have all the time in the world to get our free breakfast, so when we got back to the hotel around 11:30-11:45 and went to have our breakfast buffet we were told breakfast already ended and that it was an in-between time between breakfast and lunch and that we probably wouldn't get served lunch for 45 minutes. We were so confused and told them about what the front desk had told us the evening before. They said that the breakfast only runs until 3pm for room service. We asked if our vouchers counted for room service and they said no. They were very nice about it (it wasn't there fault we had been misinformed) but had we known we would have had breakfast during the CORRECT hours. My husband ended up eating lunch by himself because I had to get ready for the wedding.

Overall, I think this hotel's location is super convenient, the staff is friendly but the housekeeping sucks.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Matt N, Manager at The Westin Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Arissa P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff, convenient location, room, and restaurant. However, I am very sorry that you experienced cleanliness defects that are not reflective of our standards. I can assure you that we will work together as a team to prevent repeat occurrences of this nature. In addition, I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly about your visit and learn more details. I am confident that we can show you a much improved visit next time around.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location to travel about Philadelphia walking or via rideshare. It’s located in a neighborhood with restaurants, shopping, sightseeing, and nightlife. Parking was very expensive, it was also very difficult to find the hotel from the parking garage attached to a shopping center. When we arrived to the hotel to check-in around 3:30pm, our room wasn’t ready. We were offer a free drink at the hotel restaurant, Winthrop and Valentine. We waited for about hour and a half. The room was spacious and clean, and the floor was generally quiet. I had high hopes, but then.... the next day after a long day out, approximately (11:30am-7pm) we came back to no turn down service. The beds weren’t made, trash wasn’t disposed of, and no towels. When we reported it to the front he looked surprised, but as we got on the elevator he seemed to imply to someone that it was our fault. We came back after dinner still no service service, just fresh towels on th bed. I won’t be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarieBak986

Dear MarieBak986,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your visit. I am very sorry that your experience was not to our standards nor your expectations. We will share this with our team and use it as a learning opportunity to improve our service. Please contact me directly as I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience and come to some resolution for the shortfalls during your visit.