“Divinely Delicious!”
Review of Barbuzzo

Reserve with OpenTable
Barbuzzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 4,537 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sansom
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station
Description: Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

My husband and I had dinner at Barbuzzo before the Opera Philadelphia evening performance and it was very close to perfection. The service was attentive and friendly, the ambience, pleasant and the food, delicious. Things to love: farm to restaurant food favoring local farmers, innovatively delicious recipes, salvaged history lessons in its interior, an amazing ability to treat vegetables like a true food group (so, so good) and to top it off, a very short walk to the Academy of Music. Did I mention possibly one of the best deserts ever? My husband enjoyed the Seared Branzino served on a lovely plate of scrumptious veggies: baby zucchini, summer corn, grilled red onions and cherry tomatoes. I wondered what the black sauce was. Now I know: burnt bread sauce. Well, it was definitely a terrific combination. He also had the Bay Scallop Bucatini (which ended up being too much food). I chose the cheese board, well, because I love cheese and it sounded so good. It was divine. The best I have had since Corinthia Hotel, London, 2013. Seriously good cheeses with amazing accompanying sophisticated garnishes. Definitely save room for the Salted Caramel Budino. I am uncertain exactly what it was but it was one of the best deserts ever. If you are a history geek like me, read online where all the different interior woods were salvaged from. I will give you one hint, the pews are from West Philly 's Old Church of the Transfiguration. We are debating on whether to go back tomorrow to try the pizza which is reportedly the best in Philly. Yes, it is that good plus very, very good value.

1  Thank fiamma11

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Was in town for business and stumbled upon this place, what a nice surprise. I was by myself so I sat at the bar where the service was excellent and so was the food. Wines by the glass were a little pricey and the pours were a little light, but overall an excellent experience. The desert with the Carmel and Salt was fantastic...

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We had a fantastic Restaurant Week lunch here. Sorry I didn't get photos of the appetizer course or entrees, they were devoured too quickly. There were three of us, so we each ordered something different and table-shared. For round one we had the creamy sheep's milk ricotta with olive oil, and balsamic reduction and bread. Although it was delicious it was third favorite. The second-best the vegetable platter, and the best was the baby kale with beets and goat cheese. All were very good. We then shared for entrees the Lemon Chicken, Swordfish skewers and Pork Ragu. I wish there had been a little more pork in the ragu (lot of pasta), but the flavor, oh my, the flavor, SOOOOOO good. The swordfish was very good, not dry--many times swordfish comes out too dry. The lemon chicken was very lemony and a little on the dry side. I have a friend who likes WELL DONE chicken, she would have thought it perfect. The desserts were AMAZING. The very best was a salty caramel budino, followed by tiramisu and third was the olive oil cake with peaches. We were so glad we shared, we loved experiencing the variety. Our waitress Sarah was terrific.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Upon walking into the restaurant, you are met with a bar to the left and tables to the right. Further back, you see an open kitchen with additional tables. The ambiance is dim but not overly so. The drink menu is diverse, so everyone in your party who has a preference should be able to find what they like. Our waiter was great and went over the restaurant's recommendation for 2-3 items off the menu per person due to having smaller servings. We ended up ordering 2 pasta dishes and 1 dessert, and it was the perfect portion for the 2 of us this evening. However, had I been with other friends or my fiance a minimum of 3-4 dishes would have been appropriate.

Barbuzzo defines family style a little differently; yes everything is placed in the center of your table for sharing however in addition to that dishes are brought out as soon as they are finished in the kitchen. My only comment about the serving method is that the tables are small so if you have a party of 2, realistically you will only be getting 2 dishes at a time unless you are seated at a 4 top table.

The pasta that we had was amazingly delicious as was the dessert and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice place to eat in downtown.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Well-prepared from finest ingredients. Crowded for lunch so best to reserve. Area active with boutiques. Seating a little close. Try to sit up front.