2,792 results
All reviewswine hourrittenhouse squaretruffle popcornspa king roomwine receptionspa tubyoga mata pet friendly hotelcomplimentary winecity viewchocolate covered strawberriesmini barevery eveningcenter cityfront desk staffhigher floorvalet parking
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Fantastic service and room . I wish the gym was bigger and more equipped . The only disappointment I had was the gym. All the rest was really great. Love the service I got from Patrick at the front desk

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Madison B, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Palomar. Our gym is cozy but there are a few gyms around the area if you wanted to go off property. Next time you are in town, stop by the front desk we would be more than happy to help make your stay more enjoyable, with no disappointments

Reviewed 11 August 2018

I am a huge fan of the Kimpton family of boutique hotels. I had occasion to spend a weeknight in Philadelphia and opted to try Kimpton's Hotel Palomar for a change of pace.

Kimpton's really awesome with social media and engaging with guests so I tweeted them and requested a nice room with a tub. Kimpton almost always upgrades me to rooms with giant, deep-soaking tubs and this was no exception.

I did arrive at the hotel fairly early and I didn't expect my room to be ready. I was right, it wasn't. Here's where Kimpton sets themselves apart from other brands. Instead of saying "check-in is at 3, come back then" or some other kind of brush-off, go away comment, the agent said, "what's a good number for us to call you? Your room isn't quite ready yet but it's totally worth the wait. We'll store your stuff, go have fun and we'll call you soon." Yup. They scored points. Stuff stored, off I went for a late breakfast at Federal Donuts.

Maybe 60 minutes or so later, I was relaxing in the lobby and my phone rang. My room was ready! Claimed my bags and settled into my super huge king room with a giant bathroom. I unpacked, relaxed, maybe took a nap and then headed to the bar for lunch. As a Karma Rewards/IHG Platinum member, I get a raid the mini bar (or in some cases, raid the bar) credit and most Kimpton hotels have awesome bars & restaurants affiliated with them.

I'll review that on its own but my aviation cocktails were delish, as was the pulled pork, even if it was a little on the lukewarm side.

Of course I made time for a stop to wine hour (all Kimptons have free wine from 5-6 PM daily and some of them also toss in a special cocktail too.) The red and white wines were yummy and the blueberry iced tea vodka thing was darned good too!

The hotel was nice enough to send me an awesome snack amenity along with a full bottle of wine. That came home with me since I had an offsite meeting the evening of my stay. Shh, don't tell but I did think about skipping the meeting in favor of chillaxing in the hotel!

Kimpton properties are all unique and far from cookie-cutter chain hotels. They're now part of the IHG (Holiday Inn, etc) family of brands and I sincerely hope that they remain cool and fun. Generally, I think that I'm too old for trendy things but I don't get that feeling with Kimpton. The Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia was spotlessly clean, with a truly delightful staff and excellent beverages (not to mention my great room and awesome welcome gift.)

I can't wait to come back. The hotel is convenient to all the fun of Rittenhouse Square and isn't too far from the Convention Center, train station or historic area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Madison B, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a rockstar, 5 star review! Kimpton and the Palomar do our best to make sure you feel at home while you are with us, even if just for a night. I am glad to see that the team was able to take care of you and get your room ready before 3p! We hope to see you again at wine hour soon.
Cheers!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I can't say this is the most luxurious hotel in Philadelphia, it certainly isn't. But what I HAVE TO say and RECOMMEND is that it is a hotel that offers you everything you need in a visit to Philly, with a great and affordable price to it. It's a wonderful location in the heart of dt Philly, close to everything and all the actions, and they even offers you a free bike rental! I am quite happy with the intimacy this hotel provides and its quirkiness certainly outshine the standard luxuriousness but often impersonal snobbiness a hotel offers.

I think this hotel is a wonderful choice to urban explorers and people who care more about convenience, friendliness and quirkiness from a hotel than just cold grand marble floors.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Madison B, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

You should write reviews professionally! Thank you so much for the kind words. It makes me happy to see things like this. We are always here for you if you need any recommendations or if you are just looking to something new to do in the city. We hope that you will join us again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The Kimpton Palomar was great. The accommodations were very nice and the service was wonderful. Special kudos to Meredith at the front desk, who helped me print and fax some important documents, and the desk manager on Saturday or Sunday morning, who went out of his way to get me and someone else some coffee. The only thing is that they don't have a garage and have to valet your car for $50 per night. But, otherwise, we were very pleased.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

I am so glad that you had such an amazing stay with us! I will be sure to let the team know to keep it up! Our parking is $50 per night but you do have unlimited in and out priviliges. There are a few other parking options around the area that have varies price points as well. Please let us know the next time you are in town. We would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We were there for a night this past weekend; it is beautifully decorated, modern and inviting. We really enjoyed the decor of the room, the gym was huge (one of the best we've seen recently...you can get a real workout in should you choose), the location was ideal and the staff was friendly. The evening happy hour was great; we sat by the fireplace and met another couple traveling who were great to talk to for the hour. OJ was a particular standout, always greeting us with a warm welcome when we arrived back and upon leaving for the day. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory G
Patrick W, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thanks for staying with us this past weekend Gregory G. I am pleased to see that you were able to enjoy the gym and happy hour. And that the staff was friendly especially OJ. I will be sure to let him know about the impression he left on you. Please come back and visit us again if you ever get the chance.
-Cheers