“Wonderful Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay at the Palomar in Philadelphia. It is located near the historic Rittenhouse Square neighborhood. The colder weather prohibited us from too much walking around but there is plenty to keep you busy within a few blocks. The Manager's Wine Tasting was a very welcome and appreciated surprise at our time of check-in. We were upgraded to a "Spa Room" which was just fantastic. We highly recommend this hotel and will certainly return again- hopefully for multiple nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Spa Room!"
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CurlyCueGirl
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear CurlyCueGirl,

Wow 5 stars! Happy to hear to you a great visit with us. Hopefully on your next trip the weather gets a little warmer so you can experience everything that Philly has to offer!

Come back soon!

Director of Wonderful Stays

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Hotel is situated in walking distance to everything you'll need in the heart of the ciiy. If you don't know where to eat, drink, hang out or walk around, it's there and the staff and bellmen will give suggestions well worth visiting. Classic corner diner for breakfast two blocks away Service just great in Kimpton style. Rooms very nice, mod, and CLEAN.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Loyal2Cubs
Dear Loyal2Cubs,

That is fantastic to see you had a great time staying with us! Thank you for such wonderful comments about your experience.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Best,

PA
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Just stayed this past weekend, for our annual girl's getaway. We have stayed at the Sofitel for many years, but decided to switch it up this year....partially due to the fact that the Sofitel was not offering a very good rate. We were all very happy with the Palomar. Wonderful staff in all aspects of the hotel. The 5:00-6:00pm complimentary Happy Hour made for a fun and festive kickoff to the evening. We had a standard dbl queen room. It was just fine...not huge though. This was expected at a boutique hotel. I prefer my bed a bit softer, but didn't have an issue sleeping. The hotel was hip and stylish with a very cozy and inviting lobby area. Fantastic location for everything that we do...dining, shopping, bar-hopping. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mamakinrocks
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Mamakinrocks,

Happy to see you had a great girls getaway weekend! Thank you for giving us a shot and its fantastic to see you will stay here again.

Come back soon!

Boonton, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Amazing place to stay. You will feel well taken care of from the time you drop off your car with the Valet to the time you checkout. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, it felt like we knew the staff and the staff knew us.
It is an upscale hotel with a friendly, comfortable feeling. A fireplace in the lobby to sit in front of while meeting new people and drinking some wine during the wine hour.
The room was comfortable and clean!!! They just don't allow dogs, as some other hotel's do with fees, but they welcome them. We'll be back again soon!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert H
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Robert H,

Happy to see you had a great experience with us and will be back soon!

Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

Denton, Maryland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This isn't my first time with a Kimpton hotel-- Last time was in Seattle and it was great. This time, however, was just a disaster.

I should preface by saying that I'm 7 months pregnant and this little getaway was supposed to be mine and my husband's "babymoon": a relaxing weekend before our lives are turned upside down with sleepless nights and chaos.

Our sleepless nights and chaos apparently started already.

We checked in around 3:30pm with our 3 year-old husky. After we got up to our room (a king spa room), we decided to go soak in the amazing tub (that's one big plus for the hotel at least). Our husky wandered in and out of the bathroom, but after a while she didn't come in so we called for her. No dog.. I got out and the dog was nowhere to be found in the room. Apparently she was down the hall visiting other people! After trying to figure out how on earth she could have gotten out, a housekeeper tells us that she had come by, knocked and when no one answered (we didn't hear knocking-- we were in the tub!!!!) let herself in. In doing so, the dog ran out and she was so afraid of our dog (the friendliest dog on earth) that she took off and left our dog out in the hallway. I don't know what is more disturbing: the fact that housekeeping just comes into your room (while you're naked with your spouse no less!) an hour after your check-in (so obviously the room doesn't need servicing!!!!), or that they'll just let your pet out and not make any effort whatsoever to return her. Suffice it to say, I felt violated and upset and found it very difficult to relax for the rest of the weekend.

As if that wasn't enough to cause sleeplessness, the bed was horrible on my back. Perhaps I'm spoiled with my memory foam mattress at home, and I understand that while 7 months pregnant pretty much ANYTHING hurts my back, this was extremely disappointing. Every time I had to turn over I wanted to cry. Our dog couldn't even sleep with all of the noise from the hallways (people were milling about at 3AM!!!!) and the street (we were on the 22nd floor!). Oh and did I mention how stifling hot it was in there? Can't blame that one on pregnancy-- my husband was sweating too. It was February and we had actually turned OFF our heat yet were still sweaty. Honestly one of the worst nights of sleep I've had in quite some time and that's saying a lot considering where I am in my pregnancy.

To Palomar's credit, they did try to make amends with the housekeeping/dog situation by sending up sparkling cider (remembering that I can't have alcohol) and chocolate covered strawberries, plus free continental breakfast for my husband and I. I really, really want to say that could have made up for it but combined with the sleepless night and the stress caused by having my dog missing from my hotel room, I can't say that I am pleased.

I know what you're thinking: most of this stuff the hotel can't control? But really, all of these problems could have been easily solved with two things: a chain lock (to keep housekeeping from coming in and my dog from going out), and a good fan (to keep us cool and to provide white noise to sleep). For a hotel of this "quality", I should not have had these problems. Especially for what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend that turned out to be anything but.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cmb820
Dear Cmb820,

I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience and would like to speak with you directly. Would you be so kind to contact me at your earliest convenience? You can reach me by email or phone. sean.flanigan@hotelpalomar.com , 215-525-9481

I look forward to speaking with you.

Best Regards,