Le Meridien Philadelphia
  • Bar/Lounge
The Windsor Suites(Philadelphia)
  • Room Service
1,407 results
All reviewscity hallymca buildinglove parkconvention centersliding doorlobby barvalet parkingmodern hotelfront desk staffreading terminal marketfew blockscentral locationenjoyed my stayflower showking bedupon checkrittenhouse square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Just returned from a delightful weekend overnight in Philadelphia at well-located, friendly, French-chain hotel Le Meridien where our spacious room with edgy minimalist decor was squeaky clean, and extremely comfortable. Staff were particularly welcoming, helpful and accommodating. Late dinner and breakfast at Amuse restaurant were surprisingly outstanding (with a variety of individual needs and menu changes willingly met and baguettes to die for). We could walk to most of our destinations or take the convenient Septa Subway (Just be careful and enter Septa at major entries over weekends because some auxilliary entrances in downtown Philadelphia are locked on Sat. and Sunday and attract homeless camp-outs). Staff also got us taxis when we needed them. We selected Le Meridien for convenience and great weekend rate, but will return for boutique atmosphere, fine service.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms on interior courtyard lack views but are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

They have bed bugs stay away!!! Service was decent but it's really loud and crazy at nights and they have bed bugs and when I reported it they seemed to not care. Spoke to the general manager and he was really rude and belittling about it. Brushed it off even when I mentioned a employee mentioned the same issue

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Ace_deuce1
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We're devoted to providing a great guest experience at Le Meridien, so I'm very sorry you were disappointed with your stay, and with the resolution of the concern you raised.

As I shared with you during our conversation, we acted immediately upon hearing your concern. Our team thoroughly inspected your guest room and brought in our pest control provider to perform a second evaluation. No bedbugs, pests, or evidence of bedbugs or pests were found, so please rest assured that the upsetting issue you encountered did not originate at Le Meridien.

I regret that you did not have the great guest experience we strive to provide. We have tried repeatedly to follow up with you, but haven't been able to reach you. Please feel free to call me at 215.422.8207.

Evan Evans

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Great location for convention center. Nice place. Not what you would expect in downtown Philly. Lobby and bar had good ambience. Rooms clean. Staff helpful and friendly. I would hesitate to venture out alone at night, but if you are with others it's ok. Lots of street people, but that is all over the city. Would recomend and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2012

A surprise awaits you when you walk in the front door. What appears to be one of Philly's well-worn hotels is actually something else entirely. Modern, fun, and a place I'd come back to.

But which room matters. I was in town for a large convention and Le Meridien was one of the convention hotels. I picked it because it seemed upscale; perhaps even trendy.

The room I was assigned to was small; even so, well appointed. However, it looked out onto an interior alley with no hint of sunlight ever to grace the two windows. So I requested to be moved to another room - even offering to pay an upgrade charge. Promptly - VERY promptly and with no fuss - I was moved to another room, a teeny bit larger (this wasn't the issue though) that had sunlight. Lots of sunlight. No fee charged. This made for a highly enjoyable stay.

Yep, I'd stay here again. Everything about the place is fun - modern, trendy, well-appointed, and a seemingly happy group of people staffing the place. But I'd be careful to book one of the (many) rooms that had windows to the world or to the large interior courtyard. There are some smaller number of rooms that face a dark alley - and for anybody who hopes for a bit of natural light, they would be sorely disappointed.

Enjoy! It's a great Starwood hotel and which room matters.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CHM008
Reviewed 18 August 2012

They took an Old YMCA and turned it into a very modern comfortable hotel.the location is great.i love how they make you feel you ate outside in some parts of the hotel. They have lounges throughout the place.the service is great from the Valet to the restaurant . Next time in Philly I will definitely stay there

• Stayed: August 2012