“Not coming back here again”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 27 July 2015

This place is small and most of the time they are busy with take-out orders. The singular waitress that works there every day is not particularly friendly.
They are running a 50% OFF special now on their rolls, and I got 5 today. Here is my 5 cents:
The salmon skins roll was inedible. The skins were incinerated, impossible to eat. I was very hungry at the time, so I ate the roll while silently cursing its god awfulness.
The eel in the eel avocado roll always has small bones that end up in my gums. I have eaten at this place several times before, and each time I end up with small eel bones in my gums. The chef clearly can't be bothered with prepping the eel better.
The snow crab roll was delicious. The best one of the order.
The white tuna roll was unmemorable. I guess it is better than being memorable for its badness, like the salmon skins roll.
Well, I am no longer hungry, but I am not coming back here again.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Small, unassuming, budget minded interior, in a mini strip mall, where you can have reliably fresh, reasonably priced, very good sushi. The presentation isn't 5 stars (a 4 for sure) but having found fantastic sushi in northeast Philly, who the heck cares. We happened upon some sushi specials (3 hand rolls for $10, 2 special rolls for $20) that were the best value I have seen anywhere given the quality. Couldn't tell you though if the specials had to do with the day of the week or the time of day we went.

1  Thank PhillyFoodieVA