1,814 results
All reviews city hall bank building club level superior room lobby bar beautiful hotel william penn beautiful lobby guest rooms high floor corner room this past weekend broad street street noise valet parking few blocks rittenhouse square
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at wonderful Ritz-Carlton Hotels all over, from Montreal to Madrid, and this isn't even close.

On the positive side, the staff was uniformly polite, pleasant, well trained. Really nice people. And the location is good, too.

But, alas, the systems and the buildings are not very efficient.
- The lines at the cramped front desk were almost like the mass check ins at those huge Las Vegas hotels.
- when we asked to have housekeeping do our room sooner, we were told that the maid would be right up. 2 1/2 hours later, still not there.
- when we ate at the hotel's Aqimero Restaurant, there was food all over the floor around our table. So I pointed it out to the hostess, who promptly said she'd take care of it. 2 hours later when we left, the mess was still there.
- the elevator noise was so loud in our room that we had to change rooms.
- there was a smell of some sort in our closet in the new room, but we didn't want to move again.
- the laundry (towels, etc.) for the floor was left in the hallway, uncovered, over night.
- there wasn't even a shop to buy toiletries or newspapers. The staff member I asked about it politely suggested I go across the street to Walgreens.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. This isn't a real Ritz-Carlton. Marriott should be embarrassed to license the Ritz name to this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Darryll A, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Hal013,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am incredibly embarrassed to hear of your experience to say the least. Your stay was clearly not what you would have expected, and certainly not the way we plan to service and host you as our guest. Your explained basic expectations of our hotel and our brand, and we failed to deliver. I hope you will give us a second chance to regain your faith. We are committed to providing only the finest personal service and facilities and I can assure you that we will not stop until we get there. Thank you for your time and I hope we have the chance to have you back as our guest.

Warm regards,
DA

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Front desk went out of their way to ensure stay was exceptional. I spontaneously set up an anniversary stay with my wife. The Hotel staff had a bottle of wine and plate of cheese waiting for us in our room. Ben L. at the desk is truly a professional. We live outside Philadelphia will be doing date night in Philadelphia more often.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Was in town for a family wedding. I was greeted with champagne upon arrival which was awesome! Room was outstanding and bed was so comfortable. Front desk service was outstanding and all my needs were met with ease! Thank you Ritz!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

3 weeks ago the hubby and I stayed at RC in Montreal. It was one of the best hotel experiences we have had. Still dreaming of that trip we decided on the spur of the moment to drive to Philly from NYC to stay at the Ritz Carlton for a weekend overnight. We expected our stay to be similar with par excellence service, rooms, food, etc.
Upon entering the hotel, we were quite impressed with the beautiful lobby. Towering ceilings,marble everywhere in the beautiful building that was once a bank in the 70's. We were upgraded to a superior King on the 23rd floor. Sounds great, right?
The room decor was so uninspired, the atmosphere was dreary. We immediately noticed there was no comfortable seating in the room. There was a bench by the foot of the bed and a desk chair. That was it. It was a very large room which could have easily accommodated a club chair to sit in. It also would have warmed up the atmosphere of the room. The bathroom was ok, I guess. Nothing special. In Montreal, we had the new Toto toilets with the wash choices. What a great touch!
There was no light fixture in the shower, which made it a little dark. Shower head was an older type fixture, not the rain shower head most upscale hotels are using now. The water in the sink was veery poorly regulated. Even with the cold water turned on all the way, if you turned on the hot faucet, the water became scalding. This should be checked out because a child could burn themselves. Room 2310.
As far as the service, here is where they really fall apart. No evening turn down service!!!! We took a nap in the afternoon before dinner. Left at 7 pm. Came back to hotel at 9:30 expecting room to be tidied up a bit. We walked into the mussed up bed and used towels on the floor under the sink in the bathroom. Think this is unacceptable for the Ritz Carlton Brand level of service. We had a drink in the lobby bar. We sat at one of the tables right next to the main bar. After 15 minutes or so, we had to get up and ask if they serve at the tables. Then someone came over and took our drink order. When the drinks came,we asked if they serve snacks. Only then did the waiter bring us a menu. We ordered and waited so long for the snacks that we just eventually left. We asked for the bill, signed it and went up to our room.
I was sadly disappointed in our experiences at this property. After staying in Montreal, the missteps in this property were really glaring. It did not feel like were staying a Ritz Carlton at all. This could be a wonderful hotel if management could correct a number of issues. Hope this review was helpful to both Hotel and travelers.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

My stay was below my expectations, but above my family's expectations. Separately, the staff was constantly trying to correct oversights, which made up for frustrations.... There was the smell of "sewage" in the atmosphere outside the hotel and for several blocks down Chestnut Street.

The Ritz-Carlton brand is my favorite brand. As such, I exhibit "voice rather than "exit"

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family