“Great local place for out-of-towners”
Review of Butcher & Singer

Butcher & Singer
Reserve with OpenTable
Butcher & Singer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 50 - USD 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station. Market-Frankford El – 15th Street stop (City Hall)
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Was in Philly for business and wanted to find a local place; and B&S did not disappoint..service was great, food was excellent, atmosphere was warm and inviting. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Butcher&Singer is a throw back to those true old world clubby steak houses of yesterday.
Polished wood walls, polished brass chandeliers, tuxedo wearing waiters.
Steak is wonderful and staff will guide you to the best cuts and preparation.
Nice bar with a great mixologist. Ask for pretty much anything and he can do it.
Looking to impress someone or just craving a really great steak, this is the place. I'd say it's equivalent to PrimeRib at Rittenhouse Square.

1  Thank Ron J
Reviewed 17 September 2017

My wife and I had to change our plans for a Nassau Island get-away for our 45th wedding Anniversary due to a girl named Irma. Well, making the best of it, we decided that on the 16th we would at least go to a nice restaurant for dinner, the rest of the vacation we rescheduled for November. So we selected a nice Steakhouse in Philly that was a Star Restaurant - Butcher & Singer. The restaurant got good reviews and it had one of my favorite steaks, a Delmonico. Rating the restaurant overall we both agree it was very nice. My wife ordered her favorite, an 8 oz filet and of course I ordered the 18 oz Delmonico - Medium. What I received for my $48 steak was not a Delmonico, it was possibly a boneless sirloin with NO marbling and it was a tuff piece of meat. As soon as it was presented with the blackened outer layer I knew this was not the cut I ordered.
So as to not upset my wife with ordering the steak to be taken back, I did eat about 1/2 of the steak, that I had trouble cutting with my steak knife. So you may ask, how did I know this was not the cut I ordered, and that is because in my younger days I worked in a butcher shop and cut may of these steaks. They are a center-cut rib-eye, typically well marbled and when cooked medium you can cut it with a fork and this is NOT what I received. And if the Chef thinks you can fool people with this bad substitution he or she is wrong.
The total for the evening with a bottle of wine and a tip was $325.00 and part of me says I want a refund for one of these dinners.

Sal Pisasale

5  Thank Sal P
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Went here with a group of 6 last week.
Seated promptly after some nice cocktails at the bar.
Brian, our waiter, was fantastic. Knowledgeable, entertaining.
We had some shrimp cocktail, oysters, variety of salads to start.
Shared a porterhouse and tomahawk rib-eye along with sides.
Also shared some desserts.
Great wine. Great food. Beautiful restaurant with great service.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary here. This restaurant has definitely become our #1.
Between the cocktails, amazing food, and the most personable and entertaining waiter we've ever had (Andrew) we couldn't have asked for a better night.