“Good value in a great city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Ranked #71 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good value in a great city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed here for one night recently and was pleasantly surprised.

We were checked in by a polite and helpful member of staff and my room was excellent. It was clean, warm, well-furnished and in a great location near the centre of the city.

We were able to walk to a decent restaurant for dinner but can't comment on breakfast as we had to leave too early.

The only downside is the parking; we parked outside upon the advice of the receptionist, bought a ticket yet still got a parking violation fine!

Apart from this I'd recommend this Travelodge.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matt R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

This hotel has to be the worst setup in all of Philadelphia. Surrounded entirely by one-way streets, complete with no stopping signs everywhere (parking wars anyone?), this hotel is wedged between buildings on either side and does not have four walls to call its own. Situated in China Town the streets are bustling at all times of the day. I drove around the hotel's location three times before calling them...since I couldn't pull to the curb...and cancelling my reservation. I booked through expedia who put me on hold for twenty minutes at $2.00/minute roaming charge to complete the transaction. Thank god for the Mariott Courtyard which was a few blocks away and a whole different ball game. Travelodge does NOT have on site parking. They expected me to park two blocks away, walk through the streets with my luggage/ small children and not to worry. Crackheads are literally everywhere. The homeless are a serious problem in this area of town. I could go on and on...do not stay here.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank IAMCanadian85
Northampton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

This property is the only place I know if where you can get a room at a name brand hotel in Center City Philadelphia for under $100.00.

The good: As I said, you can't beat the price. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly.

The not so good: The BIG thing for me at least is, I estimate about 60% of the rooms lack a window to the outside. This really makes the room, which is small, seem downright claustrophobic. I've stayed at motels with views of parking lots, dumpsters, and oil refineries. I'd take any of that over no view at all. All the rooms are entered from a four floor open atrium with a skylight above. This sort of acts as an echo chamber, and you can hear activity from less then considerate guests making their way around at all hours. The design sort of reminds me of the way a prison cell block might be set up. Parking is about a block away. The breakfast is the bear basics in a gloomy basement setting.

Room Tip: Not so bad if you can get a window room which I did have on an earlier visit.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pennsypete
Macau, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my female friend on 15Nov for just a night. As there aren't many value hotels with free breakfast and free high speed Internet to choose from, we looked this hotel up through trip advisor. The homeless shelter next to the hotel made us worried before we got there, but things turned out better than we expected.
First thing, location. This hotel is right next to the Philadelphia Convention Center and just a block from Reading Terminal Market. It was so easy to find! We just used the city map provided by the information desk at 30th street station and things worked out great. This hotel is also close to other landmarks like the Liberty Bell and Chinatown, all within walking distance. Right next to the hotel, there is a small convenience store that sells snacks and other amenities. This hotel is not far from the SEPTA station and it took us just 5 mins to get to 30th Street station. Really conveninent!
Price and service come next. Staying at main hotel brands doesn't fit into our budget, this hotel provided a nice, comfortable place for us to spend the night in the city. Though the room was a little dark when all lights were on, we did not care much since we spent most of our time outside anyway. The bed was comfortable and the restroom and shower were clean. The signals of the wifi were really strong that my friend and I were able to upload photos to our blogs instantly. There are not many varieities for breakfast items though, they only had bagels, muffins, yogurt, and cereals. But the toaster made my bagels alright. One thing I have to pick about the free breakfast is, their coffee is tasteless. If you are a coffee lover, I recommend that you go pick up a starbucks instead. Check out was quick and the staff was friendly. My friend and I were not even paying attention to that homeless shelter at all, the people did not bother us and our trip ended up great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shirley C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I needed to stay in Philly one night for the marathon and the Travelodge was one of the most affordable and very convenient to where I needed to be all weekend (Convention Center and the Eakins Oval). I was a bit nervous about what I would find, but it was just fine. Better than I expected and the staff was very nice. Don't have high expectations for a luxurious stay, but as a place basically just to sleep that's affordable, I would say this is fine. Clean. Nothing fancy. One warning: I asked for a wake up call that never came. Have a back up.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor with a window that opened on to an alley. Probably good to ask for a non g...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo