All reviews wine bar old city panorama restaurant boiled eggs franklin fountain premium king room gas fireplace market street exposed brick within walking distance major highway hardwood floors charming hotel fresh fruit jacuzzi tub liberty bell continental breakfast
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

The Staff at Penn’s View are great!
The rooms are nice well appointed and comfortable. Parking is a bit difficult but it worked out, as the parking lot is not owned by the hotel, and there’s really no place else to go nearby.
The location is central, it’s easy to get into central Philly, however it is right on 95 so don’t open your window or you will hear the constant drone of the highway!
Try to get a room toward the back if you can.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on a work trip. It was my first time in the area and this hotel is located close to the water and had good ratings which is why I selected it. The rooms were clean but very old and pretty basic. I was on the fourth floor and there was and outside door which I thought might lead to a patio. Unfortunately it was just a fire escape that made me a little nervous because the hotel is right off the freeway. The walls were thin because I could hear my neighbors TV and could easily tell when they came and left. I also came back to my room at 4 in the afternoon and it had still not been cleaned. This is a very small hotel so that seemed odd to me. On a positive note the staff was friendly and you are in walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Overall just an ok experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2018

We spent five nights here last week and it was great! There is parking right next door with unlimited in and out privileges for $28/day, which we found very useful. We loved the location of the hotel, as we were so close to many great restaurants and the historical parts of the city. Reading Terminal Market is also within walking distance; less than one mile. That being said, the hotel is in a busy downtown area and is near I 95. We woke up to downtown construction and traffic in the mornings, but we slept well overnight. The rooms were quaint and we loved it! We enjoyed the brick interior and fireplace in room 408. We also had a tiny balcony. We'd love to stay in this room again sometime. Breakfast was also included; it was fine but nothing spectacular. This did not bother us, as there were so many wonderful cafes nearby and we had planned to eat at many of them anyway. We would definitely stay here again when in Philly!!! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I do NOT understand any of the high ratings this hotel is getting on here - were all you people paid to write something positive by management or what?? We didn’t sleep at all!!

It’s not worth more than 1 star because:
- right next to a 8 lane highway
- noisy as hell, the highway, the construction outside the window, the snoring neighbors
- noisy airco without remote
- old fashioned with an old people smell to it
- blinds that can’t close properly
- unfriendly staff
- uncomfortable bed, pillows, blanket
- elevator is from 1913 and still runs at the speed from a 100 years ago
- carpets and flower wallpaper everywhere, even bathroom
- ridiculously overpriced
- not a nice location at all

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vera F
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Great hotel w convenient parking next door. Front desk was friendly and check in was a breeze. Breakfast buffet is compliment. Included eggs to soft boil. Toast and muffins cereal and yogurt. Panorama wine bar was nice and bartenders were friendly and knowledgeable. Location is walkable to all
Of Old coy and that’s nice as well. Recommend highly.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple