“Very good ”

Bait & Switch Seafood Bar
Ranked #1,254 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

In town visiting family and decided to visit this hidden local place establishment. Fish town area about 10 drive from city center. Food delicious fresh oysters and seafood dish are good. Parking on the street, not a lot but it’s worth the trip.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

When we moved from Fishtown to Port Richmond, we were so excited to see that Port Richmond had a super nice and modern restaurant. The chef here is amazing. We were there for beer week last year, and the staff and customers entered into an oyster shucking contest. It was no contest: this guy was amazing. They have really quality seafood and are constantly changing up their specials. They also have amazing burgers, which always tempts me even with the amazing oysters. The bar also has quality cocktails. They also have Saturday night karaokee and I believe Wednesday night trivia? The one downfall is it is a bit pricey for the Port Richmond neighborhood. The fish specials are of course quality fish, so they are a bit pricier as are the cocktails. But you get what you pay for: this is by FAR the highest quality food in the 19134 area code...I almost forgot: they have a GREAT Happy Hour with specials.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

~Just moved to the area & The Bait & Switch seems to be the top nightlife establishment in walking distance regarding new decor, drink selection, square footage, & food variety.

First impressions: upon entering there is a round-a-bout bar leading into an indoor dining area, & then even an refreshing outdoor patio with tables. This reminded me of restaurants I would go to after a long day of hauling in fish after a booze cruise. The staff was very friendly & informative. The fact that karaoke was being started up made the atmosphere even more enjoyable.

I ordered the black pearl drink (their take on an old fashion) it was well put together, & made me want a blue moon to play off the caramel orange flavor. I also put in a fish taco order to go, because I was feeling the late night munchies. It was constructed with quality ingredients; although the fish in the top taco picture was only the size of my finger, & the other ingredients over powered what should be the star of the dish.

The don approves of this establishment & will be back~

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We tried Bait and Switch as a place to meet between Doylestown and Ocean City NJ. We met friends from OC and had a great time. The food was very good and the drinks including the 95 Project punch were plentiful. I had the fried basket and had more than enough to eat. My wife had fish and chips and she said it was perfect. We enjoyed our evening and will recommend it this restaurant to others.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

So their Trout is the best ever. it is too salty tho but the taste is awesome. The karaoke in that setting was a lil bit weird but it was ok. thier fries is a must. Their portion is small so make sure you order a lot. our hostess was GREAT! she went above and beyond and offered free desert to us as well. will def go back.