“Deja Vu”
Review of Pinefish

Pinefish
Reserve with OpenTable
Pinefish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #715 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Like stepping back in time (well for me anyway) the bar/lounge area decor at Pinefish is 70s ethnic hippie bohemian, an eclectic mix of chandeliers, fabrics, armchairs & ottomans.

Happy Hour runs every day here from 4:30-6:30 & is a great deal. Our table of 4 had raw oysters, buffalo shrimp, pork sliders, Brussels sprouts & an order of their delicious fried cauliflower ( a little heavy on the anchovies, but still very good).

Since we had lots of appetizers we decided to do small plates for our entrees. The seafood stew was tasty as were the grilled lamb chops served on polenta.

Service was affable & warm, very neighborhood casual which was fine for us.

During happy hour there are $5 wines, beer, mojitos, and martinis available. A great choice for an early dinner & a solid choice for families as well.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I almost hesitate to review this great little gem of a restaurant because I like the fact that no one knows about it! But then they wouldn't survive either, and I want them to because it's a great place!! We went for happy hour and dinner. The mojitos were perfect and only $5 during happy hour! The gimlets were equally great, also $5 during happy hour. HH specials included "to die-for" shrimp skewers and buck-a-shuck oysters that were out of this world! Good, fresh and cold! We both had the soft shell crabs for dinner and I can't begin to tell you how excellent they were!!! Oh, did I mention the wonderful, decadent, unusual desserts??? No matter how stuffed you are (and you will be), you will want dessert and be glad you did!! I'm not usually a big chocolate eater but my friend had a triple chocolate cake and OMG!!!! Not too sweet, a perfect ganache icing!!! I had an absolute perfect Key Lime parfait that was layered with a graham crumb crust and just scrumptious! The place is very small and they decor is a bit Turkish, bright orange, yellows & reds, pillows, sofas/chairs. The wait staff were cheerful & friendly. I will definitely be going back here, again and again!!!! I highly recommend it. Oh, an added plus is that it is walking distance to the theatre and the high seed line.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We were looking for a place to eat after graduation and found this eclectic little location. The food was delicious, We ordered the salmon, crab cake, and duck fries. It was all delicious. The bread could have been warmed up and the butter too cold to spread, it was still a great meal.the service was excellent too!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Neighborhood cafe with an Indian hippie vibe and daily happy hour specials. The fried cauliflower,and seafood appetizers are standouts. Staff is welcoming but service is uneven over multiple visits. The brownie-filled cheesecake was described by one guest as 'best desert I've ever eaten."

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Pine Street is a nice relaxing street in Philadelphia with eclectic stores and restaurants. Pinefish fits the area very well and food is very good. Specializing in seafood small and large plates with friendly service. There are different areas of the restaurant. An area with couches and comfy chairs, a bar area and then a sit down at a table restaurant. We ate in the restaurant area. My wife and I had the daily ceviche which was served on a plate rather than in a cup or a bowl. It had avocado and jalapeno's, neither of which were very overpowering. I had the special small plate of soft shell crabs and my wife had octopus which consisted of two large sections. Food was very good. If we lived closer to Pine Street we could come here often but we will be back at some point when down that way.