“Free Viewing”

USD 79.00*
From History to Happy Hour Philadelphia Walking Tour
Ranked #87 of 463 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: With levels above and below ground, the complex houses a theater and museum devoted to Franklin's life and inventions.
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This structure and historical artifacts are free for the public to view. It is definitely worth a quick stop in to learn a little bit more about Ben Franklin and where he lived.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I stumbled across this when looking for a post office- so glad I did.
Historic and interesting. I went quite late in the afternoon so it was really peaceful and I could look around at my leisure.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

It's makes me very sad that Ben Franklin's family tore the original houses down but it's very cool to see the skeletal structures. It's worth a stop.

1  Thank Rene' S
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My family and I visited Franklin Court as part of a self-guided tour of historic Philadelphia. It was my 10-yr-old daughter's idea, having heard about it from school while learning about Revolutionary America, especially about Franklin's Print Shop and the Post Office. We stopped by both shops and listened to the gentleman printer give a history lesson about the print shop and printing back in the time of Franklin. We proudly purchased a copy of the Declaration of Independence, printed at that very shop, for three bucks, basically acquiring a piece of history more or less. It was also interesting to get a glimpse of parts of the foundation of Franklin's house.
Unfortunately the Benjamin Franklin Museum was closed by the time we got to it.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

This was a great part of our tour. Benjamin Franklin's house once stood here. There's still a working post office, print press and a Mussium there. The area is a nice place to stop for a bit as its not as crowded as other sites.

1  Thank Wanda C