“Great atmosphere, very welcoming”
Review of Fergie's Pub

Fergie's Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Fergie's Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #343 of 5,099 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: USD 6 - USD 16
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Description: Established in 1994 at 1214 Sansom Street in Philadelphia, Fergie’s Pub serves traditional Irish pub fare and a solid mix of craft beers and classic cocktails. Fergie’s upstairs hosts private events and features live band karaoke on Friday nights, Quizo on Tuesdays and Thursdays, poetry and comedy on Wednesdays, and live music wherever and whenever Fergie can fit it in.
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I had called ahead because we were a large party. I was informed that they don't accept reservations, but that if we were on our way there was plenty of room. When we arrived our table was set up and ready. Within 20 minutes the place was nearly full. We were warmly greeted. I loved the dark wood paneling. This place is not fancy, but warm and welcoming. The service was excellent. I had the fish and chips and was very happy. this is good old fashioned pub. No televisions or loud music. Just happy people! Just what we were looking for.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Fergie’s Bar looks like a basic Irish bar from the outside and while inside the interior is also a basic Irish bar. But the food, drinks and service, that is another story – not at all ordinary. I was truly amazed by the quality of food and drinks. Sure, the bar is heavily beer focused, but they also have a nice wine selection. If you’re not into beer, the cocktails are top notch as well.

My server was Sylvia, who was an absolute gem – friendly, pleasant, professional and made excellent menu recommendations. Visited here a few times and so have had numerous dishes.

There is some typical bar food such as wings, nachos and such, but they are good. Other highlights on the menu are the mussels (two different kinds!), salmon and sweet potato fries. I never had something that I did not enjoy. Wash it all down with one of the many beers, wines or creative cocktails made by Sylvia – she bartends too! Also, don’t leave without trying one of their desserts. It’s always something different and always divine.

Fergie’s sometimes has live music, sometimes an Irish band with Irish music and on weekend upstairs they have live bands. So yes, there are several Irish bars in Philadelphia, but get out of the tourist trap ones and come to Fergie’s for a more authentic experience.

1  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped in on a rainy Sunday evening when one of the more touristy Irish pubs was loud and full. This dark-paneled, small pub was comfortable right away. We had our two teenagers with us and we were welcomed in. We were too late for the love music, as the band had packed up. I had a generous plate of spicy chipotle mussels that were spicy and fabulous. My son had the bangers and mash, my husband had French onion soup, and my daughter had the grilled cheese and tomato. Everyone was pleased with their food. The Guinness was good, and nitro-draught. Skip the tourist pub and come here.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Large beer list. Great shepherds pie and excellent service. Can't ask for me. I might come back if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

4.0 star rating 1/23/2017
1 check-in
It is not modern.
It is not swank.
There aren't TVs.
There are people, laughing and talking. It feels real.

There was an Irish band that came in with fiddles, ordered some pints and just played music at their table. It was busy but easy. I felt like I was back in Ireland. I haven't had their foods, but their beers are poured proper.

THEY TAKE CARDS. Also, the bar-tending ladies are cool and fast.

I'll be back.