Review Highlights
Cog is awesome!!!!

A friend introduced me to Cog on one of my Trips to Mammoth. I must say, he is the most... read more

Reviewed 30 September 2016
Mark H
A Passion for Fly Fishing

Cog has a passion for fly fishing and it is contagious. My wife and I signed up for the beginners... read more

Reviewed 18 September 2016
Charles W
Huntington Beach, California

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Just got back from a 2 day guided fly-fishing adventure with Cog MacNeil. If you go to the Mammoth area, he is far and away the fella you want to hook up with. Very knowledgeable, patient, easy going and, most importantly, he will put you on the fish! Isn’t that what it’s all about? He gently tolerated my inept casting, tangled leader lines and other rookie blunders maintaining a friendly, helpful and fun atmosphere for us to have a really enjoyable time. Rookie or seasoned vet, believe me, Cog ought to be your first choice for The Owens River, Hot Creek and Lake Crawley (for those really big ol’ behemoth-sized trout!).

Reviewed 9 August 2015

My daughter and I have hired Cog as a guide for fishing Mammoth Lakes for the last 4 years. He is fantastic and can find the best spots to fish and rigs your tackle to land the big ones. He is extremely patient and very instructive in helping you hone your fly fishing skills.Fly fishing Crowley can be challenging when you are running flys down 21 feet. With his oversight I have landed 20 and 19 inch trout. I highly recommend him for the Upper Owens and especially Crowley.