“Been skiing here for 30 years.”
Review of Mammoth Mountain

and up
Mammoth Mountain Scenic Gondola Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A variety of late spring and early summer terrain is available for first-time beginners and double diamond pursuers.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I grew up skiing here and it is the only mountain I ski. They have updated the chair lifts to mostly all quads and above. The snow was excellent last year, but decent this year. My only complaint is the prices. $160/day during Spring Break and $41/day for tubing down the road. This to me is a bit of a rip-off. That said, the mountain is well-maintained and the staff is fantastic. Highly recommended! Make sure to check out Chairs 9, 12, 13, and 14 as these are chairs many people miss out on!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)
All reviews
"interpretive center"
"runs"
in 121 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed with the size of the mountain and the terrain. Truly a big boy mountain that can test and entertain even the best skiers. Nice lift system. Not all the lodges and restaurants had a ton of character but some did. I’d ok forward to skiing Mammoth again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Mammoth is by far the best ski resort in California. It's higher and drier than the rest and has a ton of terrain variety.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I skied last July 23-24th to celebrate my Birthday. I came back this March to ski the whole Mt. and Oh boy Did I! Fantastic snow, I love wind buffed powder. We struck it right with 70" of snow in 2 days!! Amazing! I really enjoyed the Mt. Chair 23 is still up there in favorites but 9 is mighty sweet in the am without too many people around to bomb golds hill. I can't wait to come back 1 week is not enough to ski the whole place but we tried!!