“The Place Was PACKED”

Cachette Bistro & Creperie
Ranked #79 of 399 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Reviewed 29 December 2017

When in an unfamiliar area, I always look for a restaurant that draws a large crowd. I visited Bethlehem on Tuesday December 26. 2017. Around lunch time 12:30 pm while walking along Main street, I noticed the Cachette. Reading the menu posted on the window outside, I decided to give it a try. It is located in a older building with hardwood floors that show it's age, interesting molding, French paintings & sayings on the wall, soft but distinctive colors and wooden tables and chairs. The atmosphere was warm, as was the temperature in the restaurant on this very cold day. We ordered 3 capuacinos which were served in very large cups and were accompanied by glasses of water. It took awhile to be served as the restaurant was full to capacity with a waiting line that developed right after we were seated. We ordered the Sweet & Savory Crepe (caramelized pears , brie & honey drizzle), The Dark side Crepe (Godiva dark chocolate with liqueur) my favorite & Crepe Suzette (orange zest & orange slices). All three were $8.95 each. I felt they could have taken a dollar of each crepe and added more filling. That said everyone enjoyed the crepe they had chosen and we shared. If you like crepes, this is a good meal and value for Main Street Bethlehem dining. The chef Rafael Palomino is also the proprietor.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

How does a crepe house / bistro run out of espresso, calamari, hamburger, mac & cheese and the list went on from our server. Hey we all run out of things but...suggest a alternative and be sure to take a drink order before the patron is halfway through their meal. What we were able to order was small and somewhat tasty but we were to far into the negatives to enjoy.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

We went here on a lazy Sunday afternoon, stopped by around 300pm. No big crowds or waiting line. Asked for 3 crepes to go - and they never came - we waited over half an hour for 3 pancakes and the staff just kept saying - "5 more minutes" or "10 more minutes". Meanwhile several people that came in after us (and got seated) - all had their food. So sadly I can't review the actual food, because they never delivered on it. I wouldn't bother to go back.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

On a cold December afternoon, we stopped by for just a coffee. We were so impresssed with the warmth and hospitality that we decided to make a reservation for dinner. We shared a lovely salad and each had the fabulous Mac & Cheese with roasted chicken and kale. The blending of Gouda and Guyere cheeses was magic! I wish that I didn’t live four hours away because this would be my favorite go-to spot.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We had a delicious reasnably priced breakfast sitting at a tabel by the front window. It was cozy and we were able to watch the street scene go by outside. Waitress was friendly and efficient. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017