“I shouldn't be telling you this...”

The People's Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 392 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is an undiscovered gem with not many tables and they don't take reservations so good luck getting in on a Sunday (we sat at the counter). When you do it's amazing - creative menu. I had shrimp and grits crepes and there are specials. Staff are super friendly - it's the customers who get irritable when they are hanging outside waiting! Enjoy! And don't go when I'm going!

1  Thank Corbygirl261

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had an excellent breakfast with great friendly service at The People's Kitchen this morning. We will definitely will be back.

1  Thank MidLifeChillin
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

You have to try their breakfast specials on the weekends. They are always unique and creative.
If you get a chance, try their sister restaurant, The Tavern at the Sun Inn on Main St. They take the same unique approach to dinner!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The kitchen is a somewhat small, limited menu restaurant that serves very good breakfast and lunch for limited hours. They have specials that are just that, special. Know that this is not Denny's but rather a place with very good service and good food. We did lunch while others enjoyed the all day breakfast. Very nice flatbread of pulled pork and add one. Also a spicy burger on very good bread. Will come back for breakfast.

1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My husband and I ate here the other day because we've heard rave reviews about it plus I've seen people waiting in line on the sidewalk to get in on a weekend. So, on a weekday we went around 10 am. I knew it was a small place, but didn't expect how small it is. We sat at the counter because tables had not yet been cleared. My husband had pancakes with bourbon bananas and I had the Fr. toast with a side of scrapple. Everything was good and the scrapple was amazing (3 slices in a serving). But we are in our 60s and have eaten the same fare at other restaurants with a much better setting- this was quite plain, no decor, and cramped. So we can cross this one off our list now. I must say that the employees worked very hard and were very accommodating. But sitting at the counter was very noisy because they were doing dishes, etc. We were given an opportunity to sit at a table after we were served our drinks but we were too lazy to move. Also, only street parking is available and it is hard to find a spot on the weekends. I imagine you'd have to walk at least a block or 2.