“Good food, consistent quality”
Review of Cafe

Cafe
Ranked #46 of 399 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, French, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2018

The Cafe is nothing if not consistent. I've been going there for 20+ years, and in that time neither the menu nor the decor has appreciably changed. Fortunately, neither has the quality, which is amazingly consistent. I've always gravitated toward the Thai menu items -- green curry and lemon grass shrimp soup are two favorites -- and they have never disappointed. That said, I would love to see more menu changes/additions, more space between the tables in the main dining room, and an updated look. When The Cafe is busy, which it often is, the noise makes conversation challenging. As long as it's open, though, I'll keep going back. The food may not be the best in the Valley, but it's reliably good. And consistency over time -- as any restaurant-goer who's watched restaurants come and go, excel then go downhill, knows -- is far too uncommon.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

My wife and I recently dined at The Cafe located on West Broad St. in Bethlehem. We both were unimpressed. We started with cocktails and then advised our waitress we would like to split an appetizer - Crispy Shrimp with plum dipping sauce. After waiting for almost 45 minutes, a platter of 3 medium size shrimp arrived. You would think when we advised the waitress we would be splitting the appetizer, they would have included one more shrimp to so we would each have two. My wife's entree was Chicken Pad Thai which she said was not remarkable. I ordered the Duck Panang Curry which was served over shredded stir fry vegetables. I had trouble finding any duck among the vegetables. If you are looking for protein, you won't find it in these dishes from The Cafe. The food was tasty but we won't be returning.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We had not been to the Cafe in a long while. I am happy to say my Chicken Pad Thai was very good- I really enjoyed that it had lots of vegetables and not a huge amount of noodles. Others got the Green Curry Chicken- although not served in your typical Thai restaurant presentation it looked and tasted good (per the 2 guys that got it). Not as big of a portion as other Thai restaurants but I think they overdo the rice anyway. My friends Shrimp Pad Thai was a bit disappointing as they used salad shrimp- which really is not great. Also salad shrimp ( very small and somewhat fishy tasting) were in the Mango salad and again I would rather have only 3 really nicely prepared shrimp than a bunch of salad shrimp.we finished off with some pecan pie. It was good, but could have been better. I would have liked some vanilla ice cream with it too (that is just a personal preference when I eat pecan pie). I would go back- they also had some nice sounding specials but I had my heart set on the Pad Thai (which I did think was better than many Thai restaurants I have been to- especially the Chicken which was moist and cooked perfectly).

Reviewed 5 January 2017

My partner and I have been coming here for years and love THE CAFE. The service is excellent, and the food is consistently very good. Their Thai dishes are the best in the region. Also, the home made desserts are outstanding. Yes, I wish they would change up their menu a bit and offer a few surprising specials, but everyone working there is wonderful and it is always a lovely meal out.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

Old Victorian home is the right setting as an elegnt surround for a superb dining experience. Slow paced service allows plenty of conversation time and the surrounding hum of guests is not intrusive. Meals weer delightfully presented and delicious.