“Anniversary”

Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I know my review is from 2010 but I just now found out about tripadvisor. My husband and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary at the Hotel Bethlehem, partly because it's haunted and I wanted to check it out. We were staying in a room next door to the haunted room.

That night, we went in search of the spirits and finally gave up and went to our room. My husband realized he had left something in the car and left. As soon as he left the room I heard a woman singing an old fashion song. It sounded like It sounded like she was in the middle of the room still I looked out the window and no one was down there. So, I thanked her for singing for me.

We had dinner in the dinning room. I did not like the food at all, but the waiter was very good and when he found out it was our 20th wedding anniversary he brought out a dessert with a candle on it.

The food we ordered from room service was great and we enjoyed it very much.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Bethlehem and I hope we get a chance to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Slauth, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Hi Misanthropical,

Happy Belated Anniversary! Thank you for finding TripAdvisor and taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate you choosing the Hotel for such a special occasion. As you know we are a spirited Hotel. Perhaps you heard May Yohe who is our most famous spirit singing to you. She has been known to sing from time to time.

I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef. We have made several changes since your last stay with us and would love the opportunity to welcome you back. If you would like you can contact our Director of Restaurants James Gasper @ 610-625-2232.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Bethlehem.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My mother and I booked a suite at the Hotel Bethlehem in August when we visited family. We we looking for something historic, centrally located, and a little luxurious. The Hotel Bethlehem was perfect! Friendly staff, well-appointed rooms, and great room service. The iHome clock radios are a great touch. The bathrooms are beautiful and the beds ultra-comfortable.

Room Tip: The suites are larger than the regular rooms and have a pull-out couch as well.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kkduer77

Dear kkduer77,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you and your mother enjoyed yourselves while you were here. Thank you for recognizing our staff. They take great pride in providing great customer service to our guests.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel and for the room tip!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I could not be happier with my stay at this wonderful hotel, historic often paints the picture of dark, old and run down, but not here, I LOVED the lobby area and my room was spacious and modern. The corner suite that I had has to be my favorite room at a hotel in a very long time. The staff while young was very proffessional and knowledgeable. I want to stay here again and again!!!!

Room Tip: Get a corner suite
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveltheworldfun

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Hotel when you are visiting the area. Thank you for the room tip too. Our Corner Suites do offer unparalleled dual views of the Bethlehem Star and Historic Main St.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I spent a night in February at the charming Hotel Bethlehem. For an older property, the room was spacious, the bath luxurious and the bedding dream inducing. We stayed for the Sunday brunch buffet and met up with some friends from the area. The brunch was a bit pricey, but worth it. The hotel is conveniently located in the center of the historical town of Bethlehem. We spent the day after our stay exploring the town and the Steel Stacks development, which is a mile or so out of town. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Slauth, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Hi Phillykat,

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you and your Husband enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Bethlehem. We are looking forward to your next trip!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed here on a recent business trip and overall the hotel was very good. Rooms very clean & comfortable and the hotel was beautifully & teastefully decorated for Christmas. I will have to travel back to this region & I will definitely stay here. Only fault I could find is the service at breakfast - the food is good but the service is very slow

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Slauth, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Hi Jande,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I would like to apologize for your breakfast experience. I have shared your review with our Restaurant team and are taking the proper measures to ensure that we prevent it from happening again in the future.

We are looking forward to your next visit! See you soon