All reviews food court outlet mall atlantic city table games carnegie deli chop house event center non smoking section irish pub self parking bethlehem steel concert venue sands casino room key great weekend bagels stay overnight
Reviewed 6 September 2016

My daughter and I spent two nights at the Sands and we were impressed with the whole facility. The double queen room was quite spacious and comfortable. Large flat screen TV and very comfortable beds. It's a bit of a walk from the hotel to the casino either through the store area or down a long hallway, but in a way that keeps the noise level down. Breakfast was included with the room rate and it was very good. Lots of choices and it is offered from 7 until 11 so we had breakfast before we checked out in the morning. We also made use of the indoor pool for a short time - it's small but sufficient, with a few chairs just outside for drying off in the sun. We shopped a little; the prices in the stores we went into seem to be offering good deals. All in all, we really liked the Sands and would definitely book another girls' weekend there! Oh, and we won a little money too!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank KU57
Sands_Bethlehem, Director of Sales at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Hello and Happy Friday!

We are so happy to hear that you, as well as your daughter had a fantastic getaway here at Sands Bethlehem. We hope that you enjoyed your shopping trip! We must admit, it is very difficult to pass up on some of the deals that they offer!

We do hope to see you back soon. Have an excellent weekend.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

The Sands, Bethlehem - a beautiful casino property, spotless hotel area, easy to reach from the NYC area. There are many nice restaurants to choose from - I recommend Emeril's Chop House. If you're a hotel guest, don't forget to enjoy the free breakfast buffet. Connecting the hotel to the casino area is a mid-sized shopping mall. The casino itself seems quite busy - especially in the afternoon and evening hours. It seems the Sands keeps the minimum bets on the dozens of table games a bit high which surprised me. If you're looking for $5.00 and $10.00 table game wagers you better wake up early and get your action in. The casino has the usual assortment of slot machines but my impression was these machines are a bit too tight. For poker players, they offer no-limit and limit games at all levels. There is an impressive schedule of poker promotions and tournaments each month. Here's one serious problem with the casino area: too smoky. The smoking must be eliminated. (Come on Pennyslvania!). Although there are "no smoking" sections, it seems the rules are not enforced. The casino area is also a bit dirty...they need to get the maintenance people in line. Hotel tip: If you happen to earn a free room here the rooms are absolutely free. Unlike in Atlantic City, where free rooms cost $29.00 in tax and fees.

Hello,

We appreciate your kind words and thorough review of our property. Emeril's Chop House is an excellent dining choice- we hope that you enjoyed your meal!

We will be passing your review along-specifically your opinions on our smoking/non-smoking sections. Thank you for giving us honest feedback, it truly does help us get better as an organization.

Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I live in Central Jersey and decided to try Sands for some weekend gambling.
I was happy with the proximity of the resort with my work / home. Parking was free. We walked into the casino straight from the garage.

We took a quick walkthrough of the location before going to the Steelworks buffet. The food there was mediocre in comparison to the Bellagio buffet, but reasonably priced at $30 given the Friday night Prime Rib. There is an attached shopping outlet with a few stores, but none that particularly interested me.

I'm not a slots person, but the layout of the casino is one open room with a designated nonsmoking area. Air quality for a Friday night was actually quite impressive given the absence of walls from the regular smoking area. When I walked into the high limit betting room, however, the cigar smoke was a bit heavy. I left for the general betting area. There were quite a few blackjack tables available and they all seemed to have the same $20 minimum bet, so I had quite a selection of available seats.

Waitresses brought free drinks roughly every 30-60 minutes. The dealers were quite disappointing. Their hand skills were clumsy- nobody here was an amateur magician that would flip cards elegantly and the deals came out at a slow pace. Two of my dealers had trouble counting the totals correctly and the pit boss had to confirm a couple errors. One issue came up when the dealer could not identify blackjack. She then tried to take all the extra double-down/split money before we had to get the manager to restore everything properly. But in all fairness, the players at my table were winning so none of that mattered too much.

After playing for a few hours, I got a fair discount to a room for the night. In my opinion, the room was fantastic. Sheets were comfortable, there was an empty refrigerator but complimentary water! I'm not a fan of minibars and the fact that I could use the refrigerator to store free drinks was amazing. No worries about pressure sensors like Vegas casino-hotels! The bathroom for the standard queen double room was great. I liked that my room was close to the elevators but there was no rowdiness that woke us. Complimentary continental breakfast was great with fresh fruit, bagels, good (not from concentrate) orange juice and coffee.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with my entire trip and look forward to my next one. The hotel was great without the hidden fees that seem to plague most casinos. There are a selection of fancy Emeril and Cake Boss restaurants, but also a reasonably priced food court with a selection of pizza, cheesesteaks, burger restaurants by the shopping area. The casino dealers are not polished, but honestly, that didn't stop me from having a fantastic time.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your hotel room, as they are recently renovated! Also, thank you for taking the time to explore our high limit betting area; however, we apologize that the filtration inhibited your overall experience. We will definitely be passing your comments along.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We were lucky in a way because we had a really terrific waitress(Greta), very knowledgeable. My husband tried their special (aged beef) supposedly, the best he will have ever tried..Not really, very good but a bit over priced..My friend and I got the crab cakes, not great,a little more fishy tasting than I'm used to..Our oyher friend got the seafood chowder bowl. He said it was good..Ended with dessert, banana cream pie was great and large enough to share.My husband got the carrot cake and said it was also very good..He DID NOT share..All in all,we had nice evening with some good wine and good conversation. Nice and relaxing restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Sands_Bethlehem, Director of Sales at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Good Afternoon,

We hope you enjoyed Emeril's Fish House! We will be passing along your comments regarding your waitress Greta and your meal. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We do hope to see you back at Fish House soon. Have a great day.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stayed here one night for the Musikfest festival. We had trouble finding out where we could park when we first got there and ended up walking a long distance from our car to the hotel lobby. Then we checked in around 3:00 and the line was long, but the people at the desk were very friendly and helpful! We were given a room on a brand new floor and it was very nice! Everything was very clean and new. The beds and rooms were very comfortable. You need a room key to work lights, A/C etc which wasn't super convenient, but tolerable. The hotel was within walking distance to the ArtsQuest area of the festival. The breakfast in the morning was very nice. It was in Emeril's Fish House near the casino. It was a typical breakfast of pancakes, toast, fruit, muffins, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc. (You need a voucher to get in, which they gave us at check-in). The only thing I didn't like was the smoking smell- I live in NY so I'm used to not having smoking indoors and I thought it was noticeable in parts of the hotel. At times it smelled like they were trying to cover it up with an air freshener smell. Not a huge negative, but still something I didn't like. I liked that you could take the elevator down to shopping, restaurants, and the casino-- very convenient! Overall it was a nice stay and I would come back!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during one of the best times of the year- Musikfest! Our front desk staff always tries to provide guests with an outstanding, personable experience, so we are happy to hear that our hospitality met your standards.

Thank you for providing comments regarding the smoke in the hotel. Honest opinions like yours help us improve and we will definitely be passing it along to the correct personnel.

We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for staying with us!