All reviews food court outlet mall atlantic city table games carnegie deli chop house event center non smoking section irish pub self parking bethlehem steel concert venue sands casino room key great weekend bagels stay overnight
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I will start with the positives, the rooms were nicely decorated and clean, the Emeril's restaurants were of excellent quality, and the staff was generally pleasant.. We would not stay here again though as our reservation was intially messed up (they put us for 1 night instead of 2 which we had requested), the signage throughout the resort is terrible (there need to be signs in the casino and in the hallways to get to the hotel) as well as the signs outside directing you to the parking for the casino (you need to go to a particular driveway to see it but it should be done for all driveways into the resort) and both mornings we ran out of hot water for showers. We alerted the front desk the first morning but nothing was done to rectify the situation. The casino had a high number of out of service and disabled machines which kept changing, you'd go back to a bank of slots you liked one day and the next day they were out of service. Also hard to find an attendent when something went wrong as they frequently did, voucher wouldn't print out of machine, reels kept spinning and wouldn't stop, etc. Carneige Deli was also dirty. They have some kinks to work out at this resort.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan T
Julia C, Director of Brand Marketing at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem.
I would like to apologize on behalf of Sands Bethlehem for your experience during your stay.
I have forwarded your comments to hotel management, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.
Again, we extend our apologies and invite you to contact us directly at info@pasands.com.
Regards,
Julia Corwin
Director of Brand Marketing

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I was disappointed there was no spa to enjoy as I am not a gambler, but did spend some time walking around the casino which was loud and spirited. Very clean. The downside is the smoke...horrible and after a time, had to leave the area as my lungs began to hurt.
I went direct to the hotel for a reservation since all the web site kept blowing up my computer andI do love speaking with a live person. I spoke with two reps, neither one of them announced or offered package information which might have increased my length of stay. The breakfast which is offered every morning pas part of the room charge, between 7:00 and 11:00 am is is adequate for breakfast, the fresh fruit was the best part. It's served on the Casion floor in the Foundry Room which is very plain and they could do a lot more in terms of decor.
The pool was very small and they would do well to add a pool to the outside somewhere on the property and add a large cabana for changing and lite food attractions. The room service menu was severly lacking in choices and were basic. Not very inspiring and the bathroom which was lovely had no tub which was a big disappointment. They have a way to go in terms of things they could add to make it special and the lobby to me, for an investment and property that significant is really lacking decor, seating and the ambiance that makes a first impression statement. Not to sure about the industrial vistas....Overall, I'd go again, bring a little more money and try to take advantage of some sort of package. GET RID OF THE CIGARETTES, it cheapens everything.

Room Tip: Can't say too much since it was my first time staying there. However, the constant noise of the blower/fan was annoying in the night. I would prefer a room with a tub. The in-room hair dryer is not visible as it is tucked in a black bag/cover and in a small cubby under the sink. Didn't find it until I was ready to leave. Also, there is a mirror located on the wall across from the beds which would help in getting dressed, but is too high up on the wall to use for putting on make-up or doing your hair. It's kind of a waste and should be mounted lower on the wall. Also, this is a large property and it takes a long time to get from place a to place b. Be prepared to walk a lot and if you are a non-smoker, I'd think twice. It's a shame because it could be fun. Get some greenery and maybe even plant a large herb garden outside. It's missing something and a bit too industrial for me.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem and providing valuable feedback! We appreciate your suggestions for improvement and I will forward your remarks to hotel management.

Your patronage is very important to us so we would like to hear more about your recent stay. Please take a moment to contact guestservices@pasands.com directly with any feedback you may have. Again, we appreciate your patronage and suggestions for improvement and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 December 2012

There are not a lot of hotel choices in the area, so if you're going to Bethlehem the Sands is a good bet - unless you lose your shirt in the casino! So if you're going for a weekend getaway, to see one of the shows at the Sands, to shop, or gamble this is a good place to stay since you'll have all of that in one place.

The rooms are very nice & offer free wifi, 2 small bottles of water, coffee maker with coffee, a safe, mini-refrigerator, tv, & phone. The bathroom is configured a bit odd. You have to scoot around the large door when going into the bathroom but I'm not sure if every room is like this. It does have the sink outside the actual bathroom where the toilet & shower are. So that is a big plus if 2 or more are staying in the room. The amenities in the bathroom are very nice: Paiza products include shampoo, conditioner, lotion, & body wash. The beds are extremely comfortable. The drawback is that it's a bit of a walk to get to the casino & breakfast room. They offer a free continental breakfast at Emeril's Italian Table with delicious coffee, teas, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, breads, bagels, etc. Also included in the room rate is use of the indoor swimming pool and fitness room. It's pretty basic with a few treadmills, a bike, some free weights, and a couple of weight training machines. .

The casino is pretty large with lots of video slots and table games. They have some bars spread out all around the casino. The beverages are a bit pricey so try to sit at a machine and grab one of the waitresses with free drinks as they go by. They offer a Players Card that you can get there with a photo ID but using it in the machines is a bit tricky, you really have to pay attention to what is on the screen & what buttons you're pressing or you'll be doing it over & over. Some of the keys stick as well. There are sections for smoking & non-smoking.

They've expanded the dining options a bit to include more variety. Emeril has 3 restaurants: Emeril's Chop House, Emeri's Italian Table and a burger place. We ate at the Italian Table. I felt the pricing was a bit high for that area but it's convenient if you don't want to leave the building. The pasta lacked something taste-wise and I've heard that from others that have eaten there. The portions are very good though. I've also eaten at the St. James Gate Irish Pub. It's your regular Irish pub fare - pretty good and not as expensive as the Emeril places. They have the Carnegie Deli, Cobalt which also has a buffet & Emeril's 3rd restaurant called Emeril's Burgers & More. There is a food court that offers the usual variety of burgers, Asian, pizza, salads, sandwiches, coffee, desserts & ice cream. Again, a bit pricey for that area but convenient.

They have added an outlet shopping mall to the complex. Some of the stores include Coach, Van Heusen, DKNY, Bass & Co, Guess, IZOD, Lennox and others. The mall is between the hotel and the casino/restaurants so they direct you that way but there is a hallway that goes into the casino that is a little bit of a shorter walk than going through the mall.

There is a shuttle bus that goes all around Bethlehem. It's located outside one of the main entrances (the one near the parking garage). It's called the Bethlehem Loop and it's $2 for one ride or only $2.50 for a day pass (the best deal). There's a few different things to see in town along with some nice (less expensive) restaurants.

Room Tip: They have a shuttle bus into town, it's only $2.50 for a day pass.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoeytravelerNJ

On behalf of Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, we appreciate your detailed review! Your comments will help us continue to grow and serve our customers better. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we appreciate your patronage to all areas of the Resort. We invite you to return to the Sands Casino Resort and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I stopped here for a night at the casino. After several hours of playing cards I decided to stay for the night. I was very surprise to know how affordable the rooms were. I was also offered an additional discount for having a casino player’s card which I got that same night.
The room was very nice, modern, and clean. The staff is extremely helpful and attentive. There are several restaurants in the hotel; there are also a few places to get a quick bite. There are also a few outlet stores beyond the lobby. This place has something for everyone!
The spread for the continental breakfast, included, was the best I've had, ever.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucas R

We appreciate you taking the time to review and submit your comments about the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience here and we invite you to return as we appreciate your patronage. On behalf of Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, thank you for being our customer!

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I'll start by saying that I'm not a casino person and only stayed here because I was part of a conference. If I were a gambler, I would probably enjoy the proximity to the casino and shops to be a plus, but instead found it to be no value added. Subtracting the casino, it was a higher end Holiday Inn type hotel.
Pros: nicely decorated rooms that were large and nice bathroom, free parking that was close and well lit, friendly staff
Cons: reception area more set up for a small boutique hotel than a large hotel-- there were two desks and then self-registration kiosks, but unclear directions that you could access the kiosks instead and I suspect the lines could get quite long at the desks at peak times-- plus it felt funny standing over the registration clerk, that's why they're usually behind raised counters. My room was a bit chilly and the heat slow to respond and there were no blankets. I couldn't get the wireless to work-- I could have called downstairs but didn't want the hassle-- my fault. The dining options were all in the casino and it was a zoo down there, so I ended up grabbing take-out and retreating to my room.
I'm glad that Bethlehem is undergoing renewal by doing something with the old steel mills and this property is well integrated within that. If it's going to be a destination for something other than gambling, there's going to need to be some work done though.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PhillyVoyager

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem - your feedback is very valuable to us. We are working to improve and your suggestions and remarks will help us provide the best customer experience possible.

We apologize for your less than average experience, however we would appreciate it if you would contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com. On behalf of Sands Bethlehem, thank you for your patronage and feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon!