All reviews food court outlet mall atlantic city table games carnegie deli chop house event center non smoking section irish pub self parking bethlehem steel concert venue sands casino room key great weekend bagels stay overnight
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed at the Sands on Friday night with my wife. We often go the Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun in Connecticut but we had something to do in Pennsylvania this weekend abd found the Sands on the internet. Had an enjoyable stay. Spacious modern and clean rooms. The whole place is pretty new and it is clean and attractive. The Casino is cheerful and fun with multiple restaurants and bars. Alot less smoke than in most older casinos and they have a genrous no smoking section (it's like half the casino!). We didnt feel like a full blown sit down dinner so we had dinner at the St. James Gate. An Irish pub kind of place - I would chose another place to eat. How can an Irish pub screw up corn beef and cabbage? It was the worst I've ever eaten with some biz are spices and I think vinegar added to the potatoes. Nice atmosphere though. Wife had fish and chips and those weren't bad. She had a Caesar salad too that was way too vinegar tasting for her - and me too. Casino bar had a live band and that was fun and free. They stop serving alcohol around 1:30 am, which was late enough for us.
All in all I'd say this is a great place for a relaxing break. Casino has plenty of buzz but not the hectic crazy feeling you can get in some others. People were also generally very nice and courteous. This will be an occasional weekend getaway destination for us in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem! We truly appreciate your kind words and we value your opinion! Although I cannot speak for St. James Gate, I will forward your comments to them about your dinner experience as they always welcome suggestions for improvement. Again, I am very happy to hear that your stay was a success and I invite you to return in the very near future!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This casino hotel when compared to other area casino venues such as the Mt. Airy casino in Mt. Pocono, is very good. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest I give it a 7. For peopele that live in the North western region of Jersey/PA it is def conveniant just because Atlantic City can take you upwards of 3 hours to get to and Vegas well, that's a whole trip so this is perfect driving distance.

THE HOTEL: Newly built, attractively built, and easy parking including valet. Also has free wi-fi throught the hotel including rooms.

THE ROOM: Clean, new, comfy bed, Comfy linens, updated tv, multiple outlets for electronic devices, very spacious and modern bathroom

THE CASINO: I have to say that this casino's gaming floor is significantly larger than Mt. Airy . They had a decent Gaming section for table games except on Saturday night the minimum bet on all tables was like $25 bucks. That can go pretty quickly if you are limited on cash.Tons of slot machines with good payouts.

ENTERTAINMENT: There is much more entertainment including 2 or 3 lounges/bars one of which includes a live band that was playing everything from Pink to Bob Marley. The "scene" at this casino is much more"party" atmosphere than Mt. Airy as well. Ladies will feel more comfortable "dressing up" here than at Mt. Airy where "dressing up" means having sparkles on your fanny pack.

RESTAURANTS:There are several restaurants and they are all Emeril Lagasse themed. We ate at the Chop House which I guess is the fine dining establishment. The food was good but it took forever to come out and the wait staff didn't seem too phased. Maybe they were having a bad night. We also had to wait to be seated for like 20 minutes even though we had a reservation. Once we ate though everything was good. For Breakfast the next day we ate at their continental restaurant. That was fine as well. Breakfast for 2ppl was around $30.00 not including the tip.

SHOPPING: A def plus for budget shoppers is that they have an indoor outlet mall that they are slowly putting together. There are only a few current outlet stores that are open at the moment, they are Guess,Coach, Talbot's, 9 west, Corning ware, Chicos, Peeps, and DKNY. They have space for more stores opening in the near future and we saw signs for Underarmour and Izodopening soon.

OVERALL: I will say that this is a perfect getaway for Northern NJ/PA and even NY area residents that don't want to waste the time and money heading down to AC. It's great for a quick weekend getaway. We will definitly be returning.

3  Thank marquicoco

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem. I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and were happy to try out all of our wonderful amenities! I just wanted to point out that since your last visit, we have added many more stores to the Outlets and we are continuing to grow.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

After reading the somewhat mixed reviews, I was very pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Sands. The hotel is less than a year old and my room was immaculately clean. The staff was friendly and efficient. Their parking valet sevice could use some help (literally - as in, hire more than one guy that has to run to retrieve your car).

My room had a refrigerator and it was clean and cold. Bed was comfortable, although the sheets were a bit thin. My room was on the 14th floor and I had a nice view of the Lehigh River and some of the historic old steel mill buildings. A very quiet night's sleep. Also, while the hotel may feel like it is a bit isolated, it is a very short drive across the river to historic downtown Bethlehem and the attractions and restaurants there.

I absolutely agree with the reviewers who state that it appears that the hotel ran out of money and left furniture out of the room. There was a large, empty area in the room that definitely called out for a second chair or sofa. I enjoyed a nice dinner at Emeril's chop house on site and the casino area was also fun and quite busy on a random Thursday night.

I grew up in Bethlehem and travel to the Lehigh Valley a few times each year and most hotels in the area are basic (or worse). As has been said, don't expect a glamorous Vegas hotel. No robes, wet bar, spa style bath, etc. For me, The Sands room was comparable to a good Hampton Inn, but with the addition of the casino ammenities. I paid $129 for my room and consider it a good value at that price. I also heard that if you sign up for a Sands membership card, you can probably get a discounted rate below that. Would I pay more than $169? - Probably not. However, I would definitely stay here again if the price is right and I do think that this is one of your best options for a hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Request a high floor facing the river.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Spiderquadrifoglio
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

On behalf of Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, we appreciate your detailed review! Your comments will help us continue to improve and serve our customers better. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we would especially like to thank you for your patronage! We invite you to return to the Sands Casino Resort and we look forward to hosting you again!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Hubby surprised me and took me here to celebrate valentines day. The hotel is nice, comfy but don't expect any extravagance. It was pretty clean except for 1 or 2 strands of hair in shower and one bed ew. But I guess it happens. Cozy bed, nice little view of houses on a big hill. but I wish the hotel was more like a Vegas/AC hotel instead of a regular chain hotel...The walk from rooms to casino is a little annoying probably more because casino is HUGE. We liked that but on a busy day( we went on Saturday) it was absolutely packed. Bars jumping, band music blasting we did enjoy that. Machines were hard to get to for awhile because of crowd but by 11:30ish it was manageable. Outlets are fun and glad it was there it's so new all the spaces aren't even fully leased out but a good start, peeps store cool...free drinks while u play but don't rely on that during peak time. All n all we had a lot of fun and plan to return!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

On behalf of the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, I would like to thank you for your kind words and feedback! Your reviews are much appreciated as we are constantly trying to gauge how well we are doing. It is wonderful to hear from valued guests, such as yourself, and it will be my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. We enjoyed hosting you and we would like to invite you to return in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn nearby since there is a shuttle to the casino, but we stayed at the Sands Casino/Hotel as a "try it once" treat. The check-in was fast because we used the kiosk (there was a line for the desk check-in). The room was very nice and the bed was comfy. It was a short walk to the casino/food court. Although this is a positive review of the Sands Hotel I will go back to the Holiday Inn because it is much less expensive, has a shuttle to the casino....and free breakfast!

1  Thank Chris3051
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Thank you for staying at the Sands Casino Resort Hotel! We appreciate your feedback and your comments will help us improve. Although you enjoyed your stay overall, I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not a complete success. Since value is important to you, I recommend checking out the Hotel package deals that we offer, as some of the packages include meal vouchers and slot free play for each person. Also, I wanted you to be aware that we offer a free complimentary continental breakfast daily in the Foundry Room for all of our guests.

It would be my pleasure to host you again soon, and I hope that you take advantage of the free amenities/services that we offer on your next stay!

Kindest Regards