“Uniquely quaint with a creative menu selection.”

Bolete Restaurant and Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolete Restaurant and Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 353 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Emmaus Ave
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We went to Bolete for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. We asked for a more private seating selection which they accommodated. The quaint inn walks you back in time and with its cozy decor. We enjoyed a specialty cocktail and once we placed our order we asked the bar tender select a bottle of fine wine to go with our dinner choices. That selection of wine was perfect. Our 4 course meal was outstanding. All were uniquely prepared. The service staff attended to fine details and was well trained to make sure our evening was perfect. If you want something different that takes you away from the usual dining experience, you have got to try Bolete. We can't wait to go back to try the sampler.

There are newer reviews for Bolete Restaurant and Inn

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We've lived in the Lehigh Valley for less than 3 years but heard from numerous people how wonderful Bolete was. I was also cautioned it was very expensive and took a long time to get a reservation. I decided it would be a great place to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary so I booked a table well in advance. It was really lovely and not what I considered expensive (everyone has a different idea I guess.) The menu changes daily and is as close to Farm to Table that I've been to. We shared a foie gras appetizer which was very good. We also got the house chips which were so light and airy. For dinner I got the scallops which were served on the thinnest most delicious pork belly ravioli with a peach gastrique and perhaps collard greens. The scallops were huge and cooked perfectly. The whole dish tasted great. My husband got a Crab dish which he really enjoyed. They surprised us with their signature butterscotch pudding in celebration which was really yummy. They also have a tavern menu with many good options. You can order that at the dining room tables as well or whilst sitting at the bar.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Went here for anniversary dinner - great romantic atmosphere, delicious food, attentive servers.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

So, with the hype I had heard about this place, I was expecting truly amazing things. Thus, I was a little disappointed. The main issue I had was that the service was spotty. There seemed to be a bit of a disconnect between the staff, no one greeted us at first and server helped us to a table, but said we were in the tavern (which was noisy, especially due to two guys at the bar who were just loud voiced individuals) bringing tea we didn't order, rolls twice, etc but mainly it was waiting for the cheese course at the end that was most annoying. That said, the food was good, but again a few little nits. The foie gras was good but was lost on a plate of condiments, some of which I had no idea of what they were as the server just left the plate and turned away. The candied walnuts on the plate were way to sticky and clung to your teeth. The grass fed rib eye was very good but I wasn't aware it would have come already sliced. So, again a little nit. Overall, my wife and I had a very nice evening and I'd tell people to give the place a try but it could use a little tightening up to be truly remarkable.

2  Thank pensfan58
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went for my birthday. Everything we at was done perfectly. After just returning from Paris and eating Duck Con Fit at very high restaurant... this easily kept up with everything I ate. The balance of sweet and savory was perfection. Dessert was a delightful surprise. Their butterscotch pudding was so good and I didn't expect to like it. I loved not being rushed out and it being more of an experience. I highly recommend it and will be back soon!