“Crazy! ”

Fratello's Chicago Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Fratello's Chicago Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 616 Restaurants in Bradenton
Price range: USD 7 - USD 15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: Fratello's Chicago Pizzeria is locally owned and operated. Dine In, Carry Out, Delivery and Catering. Fresh Soup & Salad Bar stocked daily. Join us at Bar Fratello's to watch live sports on our 21 TVs and enjoy terrific daily drink specials, including many craft beers. Daily Happy Hour.
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Crazy is as crazy does! We travel 62 miles one way just for the south side tavern thin crust pizza. It is the closest I've come to my home town favorites! Generous fresh Italian sausage, nice and cheesy and the signature crispy cracker crust. Umm-mmm good!
Friendly folks that care about your experience.
Please, please, please(!) open one a bit north in Tampa.
See you there you won't despair!

1  Thank dwarfnose
OwnerRiverhsFratello, Owner at Fratello's Chicago Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Long way to drive so I glad we lived up to our "South Side" expectations!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The tomato - basil soup is to die for. The salad bar is great and the pizza is good. Our waitress was very attentive

1  Thank Linda T
OwnerRiverhsFratello, Owner at Fratello's Chicago Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Awesome review. Thanks so much for the input. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our salad bar, pizza, and our service. Hope to see you again soon at Fratello's!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

So far Fratello's has the best Chicago-style pizza we have tried in Bradenton. The service is always good. The bench seating is hard. Otherwise, the pizza is worth the wait.

1  Thank JenFrechette

Thanks for the comments and the input. We definitely strive to have the most authentic Chicago food in the area.....deep dish, thin crust, fresh house-made Italian Beef, Vienna Chicago Dogs, house made meatballs. Hope to see you again soon at Fratello's!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

They serve both deep dish and thin crust; I ordered the Maui Maui and loved it. I also enjoyed a portion of my companion's Italian beef sandwich.

Service was great and we had a manager come from the kitchen to check on us as well. They were all very friendly.

The advertise daily specials, including all you can eat fish and chips on Fridays. I will return for more like that. And more pizza.

1  Thank MGMoss

Thanks for the visit and the review! We appreciate your comments. Glad to hear that all was great. Please let us know how we're doing and how we can continue to improve next time you're in the restaurant. Thanks!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

We have been to Fratello's for Pizza a few times this year. We have always had a good, Chicago-style deep dish pizza here. I also really love their Caesar Salad. However, it's hit or miss when ordering Italian Beef Sandwiches. Sometimes good sometimes tough and gristly. From making it ourselves over the years, I can tell this is probably because the beef sits in the au jus all day and someone let it get too hot. If it boils, it makes the beef tough. I hope someone in their kitchen reads this. I usually get a caesar salad, when I'm there and I have never had one that was bad. We decided to try Fratello's for Sunday brunch after seeing the advertisement for it so many times. They advertise pizza on the brunch: we were told that they haven't had pizza on the brunch buffet for a long time. The ad also listed all the buffet items, and we only convinced my brother to go for the pizza and the biscuits and gravy (also listed in the ad). Of course, No biscuits and gravy. The brunch was OK, but we were disappointed that their ad was inaccurate. Would probably not go again. We still will stop by for a pizza.

1  Thank Jennifer J

Thanks for the input and the review. We really appreciate your input. We will have to tweak our advertising for the Sunday Brunch. We are continually rotating the items and our advertising lists "example" items - but sounds like we're adding confusion with our customers...That's never good. We will review that and make sure that it's clear. Thanks for the input on the Italian Beef. We've recently switched from buying the authentic Vienna Chicago Beef (a good product) to making in ourselves, in house, using choice Angus beef, marinated and slow roasted, and sliced thin. As you said, if you leave the beef in the jus all day, it's tough and bad. We put the rare beef in the au jus only upon your order, but it's all about kitchen training! We will make sure that all of our kitchen team reads your comments....Stop in and try our beef again - I'd love to hear your comments next time your in! Thanks!