“The BEDBUGS are biting! Buyer beware.”
Review of Motel 6 Bradenton

Motel 6 Bradenton
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed 4 January 2012

First let me say that my sister stayed at this motel, not me. But she came from there to my house so I was affected by her stay. She stayed at the motel for two weeks in December while she was moving. All seemed fine - it was an affordable place, she had internet service, etc. - until she got to our home to deliver some things for us to keep for her. First day here she said, "Geez, I'm itching like crazy." Immediately I knew. I said, let me see your back and, sure enough, she was covered in bites. Even though I've read bedbugs don't carry diseases, the thought of them crawling over her during the night and biting up her arms and back is DISGUSTING.

I called the motel and, to their credit, they took action immediately to investigate and, indeed, the report came back active for bedbugs.

In the meantime, she had brought her luggage and bags and what have you into our home. We sprayed everything, cleaned and washed everything in hot water and did what we could to try to keep from spreading them in our home. Bedbugs don't care about cleanliness - they don't live in dirty environments only. They'll take up residence anywhere.

So what did the motel do about it. Not much.

After going back and forth and back and forth with supervisors at the corporate level, they ultimately decided that the cost of lost business by my reviews of bedbugs was preferable to compensating my sister. Remember, she was there 2 weeks - they refunded 2 nights.

It is now Jan. 4 and she is still itching.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank pjdisme

Reviewed 13 February 2011

didn't even feel safe taking a shower in this place. ONE word could sum up this place: FOUL! The place was filthy inside and out, cigarette burns on our sheets in the "Non-Smoking" room that smelled like a bar and reeked of body odor and some other indistinguishable stench. We slept with our clothes on and left as soon as we woke up.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DrJ118
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This motel earns a minus 1 rating. This is the worst motel on the planet! Unsavory types selling drugs in the parking lot. Females are paraded in and out of the filthy, smelly rooms. I had to unpack the entire car since it was cased by a couple of seedy characters as soon as we got in our room. We then needed to call the useless police for the two hours of fighting and screaming in the parking lot, which seems to be the norm in Bradenton by the reaction of the clerk ("Oh, are they fighting again back there?") and from some other reviews here. We checked out in less than 2.5 hours.

Worst still is the treatment we rec'd by the night manager - Patrick Ward - who is the most unprofessional individual I've ever met. He showed no compassion to my hysterical, frightened wife that was requesting a refund which he refused to do. He then proceeded to threaten me, pointing his finger in my face, and stating that we were now disturbing the peace. We filed a complaint with corporate Motel 6 regarding this individual's rude, threatening, unprofessional behavior along with a complaint about his useless bodyguard (which we never saw "patrolling" the grounds until we requested a refund). In retrospect, I believe this is where most episodes of COPS are filmed!!!! Sleep in your car before checking in here...

We will never stay in a Motel 6 again due to this experience nor ever visit the Bradenton Florida area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gwdkey
Reviewed 14 May 2010

A storm caused me to make an emergency overnight stop at this hotel, with my two dogs. I was pleasantly surprised to have the hotel clerk not give me arguments or try to price gouge me, like some of those "better" hotels do. The room was CLEAN* and quiet, and it even had a nice TV in it.

I was able to back up to my room's door, to unload my luggage, which is a HUGE plus, for me.

I forgot one of my bags, in the room, and after I contacted him, the manager sent it to me! The only glitch I had, was connecting with the manager, but I suspect these people are overworked and underpaid for the level of wonderful service I received.

I will stay there again.

*This room was so clean that my allergies had NO problems with it!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2010

This is the dirtiest motel 6 I've ever stayed at. Very unprofessional staff. Dirty sheets and pillows. The room smelled liked wet dog. Also there were dogs running in and out of rooms. Since they started letting animals stay here, thats what it smells like. GROSS There was also alot of young black men and women partying all night.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple